cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outage

Freshman

Outage

Our internet has been down since 5:30 AM Monday (5/20). I have called customer service at least once, sometimes twice a day since then. I keep getting the same scripted answer as to why it's down. Something to do with Midland, TX. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?
3 REPLIES 3
Professor

Re: Outage

Why do you think the answer is scripted?   Maybe they're informing you that there's a large power outage in Midland, TX, and if there is, it would be up to the power company to fix it, not HN. 

In any case, the HN staff on this site may have more info for you. 

Assistant Professor

@rntaustin wrote:
Our internet has been down since 5:30 AM Monday (5/20). I have called customer service at least once, sometimes twice a day since then. I keep getting the same scripted answer as to why it's down. Something to do with Midland, TX. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

The issue with Midland is likely where your ground station is located, if you're on the ES-17 satellite. Your dish talks to the satellite, which then beams down to a ground station. The ground station is your network interface to the greater internet. If the ground station is disabled, your internet will also be disabled. This can happen if there's a power outage, bad weather, or other outage at their internet provider - all of which is out of HughesNet's control.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted

Hello rntaustin,

If you are unable to get online and power cycling your equipment does not resolve the issue, you will need to call support at 18663473292 so that our advanced support team can walk you through a reconfiguration process. Please let me know if you have any trouble or have further questions.

Thank you,

Amanda