cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outages and slow connection

Outages and slow connection

slow internet and always sitting still, and I just upgraded to Gen 4, probably my biggest mistake yet. If that sucks, hello Dish network. Tired of this Shi___.
6 REPLIES 6
New Poster

Re: Outages and slow connection

Dish Network is a re seller for Hughesnet and Excede

Dish network does not have their own satellite internet!

Maybe you have a poorly installed dish. I have read alot about bad installs where service. Need to wait for an official rep to look into your account and see what they can do. If they can't get your service working better a realignment might be needed.

What modem do you currently have for your Gen4. There are some instances that the HT1000 has some known issues to be slow. A rep will be able to issue a free HT1100 which is a newer model of the 1000.

upgraded to gen4 rural.  it's supposed to be much faster.  all I got was an additional 2 yr contract and a bigger bill.   it's SSLLOOWW and bogs down all the time.  And a brand new computer with lots of memory hasn't helped at all.

Most Gen4 plans are about the same price as the old plans. How are you paying more? Are you paying for ZoneAlarm anti virus software (there are free options out there you can use and not have to pay HughesNet more).

Like mentioned in previous post you might have a bad install, and possibly the older modem.
New Poster

If your using a wireless router it can cause this also, so try connecting 1 computer direct to the modem and try running some speed tests from my.hughenet.com select tools and then run a few web response tests and a few speed tests, if you cant get it to work with their test then try www.testmy.net and post the results here
Alum

Hi mjmako,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing slow speeds with your service. I would like to address your concerns. Please connect your computer directly to the modem and run some speed tests for us to evaluate. Please run a set of 5 speed tests 3 times over the course of a 24 hour period for us to properly evaluate your speeds. Then post back here once they are completed.

Your patience and cooperation is appreciated, and we look forward to hearing back from you.
Speed test: http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com

Thank you,
Chris