Outlook 2007 will only work with hughes.net email account

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogerHinton
Freshman

Outlook 2007 will only work with hughes.net email account

I have been fighting this issue since Monday June 19 !!!

My main office computer - Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Microsoft Office 2007… Fully updated and patched…

Suddenly after more than 2 years my MS Outlook stopped sending and receiving emails from any server other than hughes.net. (Error: 0x800CCC1A) I have multiple accounts at gmail. None of them will work with Outlook over my hughes.net satellite service. I created a new account today at gmail. It will not work in Outlook yet I can access it through any web browser as I can with all of my other accounts. I created a new account at Yahoo mail. It will not work in Outlook, but  I can access it through the web browser as well. I set up my hughes.net email account in Outlook and it works perfectly to both send and receive on this same computer using the same program as the ones that will not work.

I took my computers to a friend’s house this morning who has suddenlink internet service and all of my email accounts and programs worked without errors.

I have a second computer with Windows 7 Home 64 bit using Windows Live Mail with an email address at bellsouth.net. (error: 0x800CCC0F) It no longer works from my hughes.net satellite service, but works perfectly at my friend’s house with  suddenlink internet service.

I cannot see how a Microsoft update could be causing the problem when it works fine when connected to suddenlink cable internet service, but will not work for any email server other than hughes.net at my house.

I  installed Mozilla Thunderbird and it will not send or receive from any address other than the hughes.net account as well. Neither Outlook nor Thunderbird can auto-detect the server settings from hughes.net, gmail, or Yahoo.

I have checked and reset all of the accounts manually and verified via the web that all of the port and security settings are correct for each server. I disconnected my router and connected directly to the modem, and I still get the same errors. (As I said, all of my settings work perfectly if connect to another internet service other than my hughes.net satellite.)

I have been working on computers since 1990, and I even ran my own computer repair shop for 10 years. I have never run into a problem like this that I could not fix until now.

I have spent most of today on the phone with hughes.net tech support (4 calls, 2 of which I got disconnected from.) and all they can tell me is to try all the things I have already tried multiple times. This has gone beyond frustrating to the point I am ready to get rid of hughes.net and find a different service if this cannot be resolved.

37 REPLIES 37

Hi Roger,

Getting multiple copies of emails of community responses is not all that unusual.

The best way to see of you have had any uplink and related issues is to view the State Code Monitor in the Modems SCC advanced pages. Even the most momentary events and conditions are logged. Follow the high-lighted menu on the left:

State Code.PNG

Question: Due you use two-step authentication for your outlook.com account?

Rather than having Thunderbird auto-detect the settings lets try a complete manual setup:

Steps for both IMAP and POP3 can be found here:

https://www.lifewire.com/access-outlook-in-thunderbird-3572532

Ok... This is a bit of a someone please kick me in the butt moment, but after a week of fighting with this issue, cursing and belittling those who are trying to help, I tried something new. I took my main office computer to the location of the modem, bypassed my router and plugged it directly into the HT1100 modem. When I opened Outlook it downloaded over 100 messages from gmail servers. Some were over 3 years old. I got a message from gmail stating:
Google just blocked someone from signing into your Google Account from an app that may put your account at risk. This is from the new account that I created for testing purposes. I just added that same account to Thunderbird and it worked with no issues.

So... Again... My most sincere apologies to anyone that I may have insulted or otherwise been rude to...

It would appear that there is some issue with my wi-fi connection from my modem to router to my office computer that is blocking or misinterpreting data transfer. I am going to do a hard reset on the router and re-check it for firmware updates before I plug it back in. BTW it is a Linksys/Cisco E1000 router.

Now this is getting to be a mind numbing experience like no other I have ever encountered.

I found a firmware update for the E1000 router, and I installed it. I did a hard reset back to factory settings first, then I set a very secure password for the router admin and a new wi-fi password as well. I made sure that remote administration is disabled. I then connected the router back to the modem. Everything works on the internet including login to all of my email accounts thru a web browser. I even downloaded a 400+ mb file using the wi-fi connection in less than 4 minutes. I print from this computer to a wireless printer that is another room with no issues.

When I try to add any email account to Thunderbird I still get the message that my username or password is invalid. It does not matter if I select pop3 or imap. So I guess there is some kind of issue with my wi-fi and email servers???

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@RogerHinton wrote:

So... Again... My most sincere apologies to anyone that I may have insulted or otherwise been rude to...

No problem here Roger, we all get a bit frustrated with this stuff sometimes and I did bash Outlook 2007 pretty good. Sure hope you get it figured out but it sounds like the E1000 and HughesNet aren't communicating correctly for some reason. It may have something to do with the security protocols.

Thank you all for your understanding and attempts at resolving this issue.

I give up !!! I have Outlook setup to send and receive from my hughes.net address. I have gone to gmail and set all of my accounts to automatically forward all mail to that address and to delete the messages from the server when done. It is working perfectly even wirelessly from my router to my office computer.
I removed Thunderbird from my computer because I do not like the confusing, overly complicated user interface... WHY IS THERE NO DELETE MESSAGE BUTTON !!!

It is almost funny (But not really!) that after a week of fighting this I end up still using Outlook 2007 with a hughes.net email address and it receives all of my email from all of my other email accounts that are being forwarded to that address.

PC’s suck... and the more Microslop "improves" it, it only gets more and more difficult to solve problems. I started working with computers before hard drives were invented. Back then you would spend hours typing in basic computer code to get the thing to perform a simple task only to lose it all when you turned it off. With every new “improved” OS that Microsoft releases computer techs have less and less control or ability to fix problems because the software is so complicated and “smart” that it can fix itself !!! RIGHT !!!

I just posted the same issue, but mine started with Tbird after much wasted time I loaded outlook 2007 (already on my computer). I hater to tell you but I had the same eureka moment you had when I bypassed my router and went cat5 to the modem (HT1100 system). Now that does not work anymore. I have done all the things you mention an maybe more except the trouble shooting of the modem.There is somebody else who just posted this issue too. So, what do we all have in common, Hughes net!

YES I am having the same issue ... unable to pick up my business POP3 email while connected to internet with HughesNet.

RogerHinton
Freshman

Ok... I thought I had at least found a workaround to get past this issue by using my hughes.net email account and forwarding all of my gmail accounts to it, but alas it was not to be...

I tried to send an email from Outlook 2007 from my hughes.net account around 11:30 AM CST with several small photos attached. It failed to send twice with another MS error code that I did not write down a the time because I had to meet someone for lunch. When I returned just a little while ago I opened Outlook and it sent the message without giving me an error. This is really getting annoying.

Hello RogerHinton,

Thanks for posting. Our engineers are already aware of this issue and are investigating. I will give you an update once I hear back from them.
Your patience and understanding are much appreciated. Thanks.

-Aedan

-Aedan

I don't know if it helps any, but I was able to send and email with attachments through my hughes.net account in Outlook on the first attempt this morning. I tried to add a gmail account but it failed to detect encryped server settings or unencrypted.

This has also occurred. I tried to launch Starcraft II today. When it first stared up a window popped up stating that I must re-authorize to continue. This may be a function they have built in as a way of verifying the license that comes up on a set schedule.
When I click OK it gives me the following error:

[ You were unable to log in to Blizzard services. If this problem persists, please contact Customer Support.
Error code: BLZBNTBGS80000011 ]
I shut my computer down and moved it to the same room with the modem and plugged my computer directly into it bypassing my router. I did a hard reset on the modem ( I unplugged it for 30 seconds then let it reboot ) I still received the same error. I am able to login to their website through Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 11 with no problems.
It would appear that this problem is not confined to third party email servers.

Roger,

Are you using the Blizzard App to launch your game titles?

As far as having to reauthenticate, every 30 days on the Blizzard App (least I think it's 30 days) I have to log back in as it logs me out.  I suppose this is some form of rudimentary security for those with the Blizzard Launcher.

Curious, have you tried an alternate third party DNS server, and flushed the DNS cache on your machine?

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

Roger,

Are you using the Blizzard App to launch your game titles?

As far as having to reauthenticate, every 30 days on the Blizzard App (least I think it's 30 days) I have to log back in as it logs me out.  I suppose this is some form of rudimentary security for those with the Blizzard Launcher.

Curious, have you tried an alternate third party DNS server, and flushed the DNS cache on your machine?

Yes... Going through the Blizard app is the only way to start the game. It does not matter if I click play and try to login through the game or if I click the Login icon at the top of the Blizard app I get the same error. When I first installed the game on my computer I had to take it to a freind's house with cable internet servide to even get it to install in the first place. I figured it was codded to  reauthenticate every so many days. I'm not sure if it is 30 or longer.

I do not know how to use a third party DNS server. I can flush the DNS cache, but I have not tried to. This whole problem seems to be an issue with hughe.net trying to connect to secured third party servers from multiple apps.

So you can't even log into the Blizzard App?  You don't HAVE to use the Blizzard App, you can still start the games in a stand-alone mode, or at least could awhile back.

Strangely, I could connect to the Battle.net servers, and could even connect with Outlook to my Gmail account once I enabled the "Less Secure Apps" setting on my Google account.  I am on Jupiter II with an SDO gateway though, however I still have access to a Jupiter One system with a BIL gateway, and don't seem to have issues with either Battle.net or Outlook on that.  Not sure what to make of this mess at this point.

As far as DNS, you may want to read over this and try it out, and make sure you flush your DNS Cache after inputting the settings.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

I was able to get my primary gmail address added to Outlook as pop3 after I set "Allow Less Secure Apps" to on at the Google account settings in the web browser. I will try the other addresses later.

I did the same thing with yahoo and it will not work even with those settings enabled. I get the following error:
Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) Although this could be due to lag time between making the change and yahoo server updating those changes. I will  try again in the morning.

This time when I launched the Blizzard app it logged in with no problem ( It was a completely different window than what normally pops up though. ) and it wants me to install an update before it will allow me to go any further. I will have to wait until 6:00 AM in the morning to see if it will download the update properly.

What ever your engineers did appears to have solved the problem with gmail and Outlook. After manually configuring yahoo mail settings it now works in Outlook 2007. My AT&T (Bellsouth) email is now working on my other computer with Windows Live Mail. I was able to login and even update the Blizzard/Battlenet app and game which I have not been able to do since I installed it many months ago. DropBox appears to be working properly as well.

Thank you for continuing to look into this issue and not just passing it off to outdated software or user computer issues... It appears that I now have more email accounts than I need, but at least they all work as they did before all of this started.

Roger

Hello RogerHinton,

I am glad to hear that the issue is resolved. As always, thanks for posting, troubleshooting, and letting us know the outcome. If you have additional questions, please let me know.

-Aedan

-Aedan