cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 2007 will only work with hughes.net email account

Highlighted
Freshman

Re: Outlook 2007 will only work with hughes.net email account

I don't know if it helps any, but I was able to send and email with attachments through my hughes.net account in Outlook on the first attempt this morning. I tried to add a gmail account but it failed to detect encryped server settings or unencrypted.

Highlighted
Freshman

This has also occurred. I tried to launch Starcraft II today. When it first stared up a window popped up stating that I must re-authorize to continue. This may be a function they have built in as a way of verifying the license that comes up on a set schedule.
When I click OK it gives me the following error:

[ You were unable to log in to Blizzard services. If this problem persists, please contact Customer Support.
Error code: BLZBNTBGS80000011 ]
I shut my computer down and moved it to the same room with the modem and plugged my computer directly into it bypassing my router. I did a hard reset on the modem ( I unplugged it for 30 seconds then let it reboot ) I still received the same error. I am able to login to their website through Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 11 with no problems.
It would appear that this problem is not confined to third party email servers.

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Roger,

Are you using the Blizzard App to launch your game titles?

As far as having to reauthenticate, every 30 days on the Blizzard App (least I think it's 30 days) I have to log back in as it logs me out.  I suppose this is some form of rudimentary security for those with the Blizzard Launcher.

Curious, have you tried an alternate third party DNS server, and flushed the DNS cache on your machine?

Highlighted
Freshman

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

Roger,

Are you using the Blizzard App to launch your game titles?

As far as having to reauthenticate, every 30 days on the Blizzard App (least I think it's 30 days) I have to log back in as it logs me out.  I suppose this is some form of rudimentary security for those with the Blizzard Launcher.

Curious, have you tried an alternate third party DNS server, and flushed the DNS cache on your machine?

Yes... Going through the Blizard app is the only way to start the game. It does not matter if I click play and try to login through the game or if I click the Login icon at the top of the Blizard app I get the same error. When I first installed the game on my computer I had to take it to a freind's house with cable internet servide to even get it to install in the first place. I figured it was codded to  reauthenticate every so many days. I'm not sure if it is 30 or longer.

I do not know how to use a third party DNS server. I can flush the DNS cache, but I have not tried to. This whole problem seems to be an issue with hughe.net trying to connect to secured third party servers from multiple apps.

Highlighted
Associate Professor

So you can't even log into the Blizzard App?  You don't HAVE to use the Blizzard App, you can still start the games in a stand-alone mode, or at least could awhile back.

Strangely, I could connect to the Battle.net servers, and could even connect with Outlook to my Gmail account once I enabled the "Less Secure Apps" setting on my Google account.  I am on Jupiter II with an SDO gateway though, however I still have access to a Jupiter One system with a BIL gateway, and don't seem to have issues with either Battle.net or Outlook on that.  Not sure what to make of this mess at this point.

As far as DNS, you may want to read over this and try it out, and make sure you flush your DNS Cache after inputting the settings.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Highlighted
Freshman

I was able to get my primary gmail address added to Outlook as pop3 after I set "Allow Less Secure Apps" to on at the Google account settings in the web browser. I will try the other addresses later.

I did the same thing with yahoo and it will not work even with those settings enabled. I get the following error:
Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) Although this could be due to lag time between making the change and yahoo server updating those changes. I will  try again in the morning.

This time when I launched the Blizzard app it logged in with no problem ( It was a completely different window than what normally pops up though. ) and it wants me to install an update before it will allow me to go any further. I will have to wait until 6:00 AM in the morning to see if it will download the update properly.

Highlighted
Freshman

What ever your engineers did appears to have solved the problem with gmail and Outlook. After manually configuring yahoo mail settings it now works in Outlook 2007. My AT&T (Bellsouth) email is now working on my other computer with Windows Live Mail. I was able to login and even update the Blizzard/Battlenet app and game which I have not been able to do since I installed it many months ago. DropBox appears to be working properly as well.

Thank you for continuing to look into this issue and not just passing it off to outdated software or user computer issues... It appears that I now have more email accounts than I need, but at least they all work as they did before all of this started.

Roger

Highlighted
Senior

Hello RogerHinton,

I am glad to hear that the issue is resolved. As always, thanks for posting, troubleshooting, and letting us know the outcome. If you have additional questions, please let me know.

-Aedan

-Aedan