cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook for Mac login failure

Sophomore

Re: Outlook for Mac login failure

Kind of confused by this process of tokens and tests, but I think I did what you want. Here's the test result: http://testmy.net/share/gm3R4BI7T

Distinguished Professor IV

@markobbie

You should create an account at testmy.net and run the tests while signed in to that account.  This will save all of your tests in a central location, making each one, and all of them as a whole, much easier to look at and decipher.  Having them all in one place also makes it easier to see speed patterns.    

Then you can post your results URL, like shown in Liz's post.  Clicking on that will take one to all of your tests that have been run under that account.   

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Distinguished Professor IV

@markobbie

Though this doesn't really have anything to do with the topic at hand, I figured I'd mention this only for your personal knowledge.  

When YOU click Results when signed in at testmy.net it takes you to the page of YOUR test results.  One of the annoying things about this page is that it often contains test results from other people, and that's due to the shared IP addresses by HughesNet.  The way to get rid of these so that you only see YOUR tests is by going to the bottom left of the results box and clicking on the option that says "Exclude tests taken on your connection ID that are not logged under Mark Obbie."  This will get rid of those tests that aren't yours.  When others look at your results, though, they only see YOUR tests, and not the others.  So, like mentioned, this is just for your own benefit.    

I just figured I'd mention it as I find the default of having other tests on the same connection ID showing to be annoying as can be.  

The box to click on is here....

Capture.JPG

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sophomore

Thanks for all of the tips. I ran a number of tests with the 25 mb download. http://testmy.net/quickstats/Mark%20Obbie

Good morning Mark,

Thank you for your results URL and for running tests. From what I can see, you're getting twice the plan speed, but I noticed these tests were done in the morning. If you tend to experience slow browsing in the evenings, I suggest running the tests around then so we can see what speeds you're getting when it feels slow.

Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Sophomore

I'll try to remember to do that, but in the meantime I came up with the ultimate solution. I just spent the morning giving up on Outlook and moving over to Apple Mail. I have sunk too much time already in tech calls and conversations with three providers (you, my email host, and my Internet access provider). The problem with Outlook persisted no matter how fast the clean the connection. It happened at all hours of the day, constantly. I give up!

Thanks for the help from Hughes.