Hughesnet Community

Over 3 months later and still slow speeds!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MimiJules
Sophomore

Over 3 months later and still slow speeds!!

Re: HughesNet Gen5 issues
Good morning MimiJules,

Thank you for posting back, no need for further testing, please save your data. After recent meetings, looks like you're in the same boat as those in beam 68. Fortunately, we do have a plan of action for you, we are just pending further direction from engineering.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Still dealing with speed issues. Why am I told to no longer run speed tests yet every other person on this forum is told to do them? (the post above is from a moderator on this forum telling me to no longer run speed tests, yet every other person is still told to do them. Showing the unfair treatment your paying customers are recieving.)Saving my data, well that won't be a problem as I can't use the service to begin with more than half of the time I go to use it. This seems a little ridiculous and rather unfair. It's been over three months now and my speed can go from mb/s to kb/s in under one minute for no reason. It seems that many others are getting a good response while I am told to sit back and be patient, well I must say that over three months has passed and you still expect me to be patient? Why am I paying over $100 a month for a service that is not working? I can't run a speed test because the page won't load, yet every other page loads, granted it takes minutes to load google's homepage, but it still loads eventually. Video A loads on YouTube but video B won;t load as it says slow network connection, then after that I can't use the service at all for several minutes, if not hours?. I am only trying to watch YouTube on 360p, and have spent over one week trying to upload a video to YouTube only to finally get it to work after expending several gigs of data. (BTW, YouTube is partially how I pay for the service as I earn money from my YT videos and do quite a bit of work online to earn money to pay for the service) I do have a life to tend to and can not spend all my time troubleshooting something I didn't cause. I need some answers. Speaking of which, many have accused others of being paid shills, I believe they are wrong, no you guys are not paid shills by any means, but maybe it;s because we are tired of getting the same response yet nothing is done about our issues that we are experiencing. Did Hughes oversell their bandwidth? not the problem of the paying consumer. Is there a problem with the satellite? Not the problem of the paying comsumer. Can Hughes not figure out what is wrong? Not the problem of the paying consumer and quite frankly I am sick and tired of companies telling every consumer that they have to do the troubleshooting and figure out the companies problems. It has to stop and Hughes can be better than this, as is evident by the effort their mods put into this forum. It has been over three months and still no update from engineering, and there probably won't be one. I have spent many hours trying to figure out the problems, honestly I've lost track of how much time has been spent trying to figure out what is wrong and still nothing. Why am I being treated differently and why are thousands of other customers still having issues? No one seems to be able to answer this question and yes that is ridiculous to be told to accept it. I can't do one thing on this service without it taking minutes to load a page and then I'm told I have to deal with it? How about you deal with it and fix the problems your consumers are having with your service! Is that possible?? Note there are no threats being made of any kind, I just want a solid response and a fix to this issue.I feel the mods on this forum are doing their best to do something about these issues, as well as users like Corrosive and others like him, it just seems the rest of the company does not care a bit. That is the opinion of a paying consumer and not the opinion of anyone else but me. Lastly I want to say that the mods on here need a raise for the work they do, and the users who respond on here need a massive discount for the help they are trying to provide, maybe I'm crazy though and just a tad upset.

10 REPLIES 10
j2wed05
Freshman

Spoiler

Seriously. I'm having the same issue... only it's been FIVE MONTHS!  Our service was flawless for the first three months... no issues with speed or constant buffering of videos.  Now... we can barley watch a youtube video on 240p 😞  Awful... Hughesnet sucks.

Service was great here up until late Sept. Since then it is spotty at best and usually works best late at night, past 1:00 a.m. but even then it goes in and out sometimes dropping completely. About a week ago the service was out completely for around an hour, from 11:00 p.m. to around midnight. This week has been horrendous and had a video upload fail multiple times over the course of several days causing me to use data for nothing, only to try again for another failed upload. I feel really bad for those that have had this issue longer than me and equally as bad for everyone else who is having these issues as it seems to be more prevalent as time goes on, affecting more people.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

MimiJules,

I can fully understand your frustration, and the frustration of all of the others dealing with the terribly slow speeds, and I, too, hope that the issue is fixed soon. 

With regard to the outage you mentioned, though I have absolutely no way of knowing what caused it, it's possible it was caused by bad weather at your gateway location.  It's susceptible to bad weather in the same way that your dish is at your location.  This is just a possibility.  But, if it becomes a common occurrence, it might indicate that something else is going on, and I mean other than what's causing the slow speeds.  And if it does do that, you should definitely not hesitate to report it, as the reps on here can take a look at your Hughes equipment remotely to see if something is amiss.  

Again, I fully understand your frustration, and I hope that they can fix the speed issues very soon, whatever the cause.  

new subscriber and started thread with with slow speed results.  I am becomong worried I made a hughes mistake.   Are you seeing any postive action from "engineering"?

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@MimiJules wrote:

Still dealing with speed issues. Why am I told to no longer run speed tests yet every other person on this forum is told to do them? (the post above is from a moderator on this forum telling me to no longer run speed tests, yet every other person is still told to do them. Showing the unfair treatment your paying customers are recieving.)

Because not every other person on HughesNet is on your beam, nor the other beams having issues.  People who aren't on the affected beams are asked to run speed tests when they have speed issues, as is protocol.  Many people who are on affected beams have been told that they do not need to continue to run tests, but that test results are still appreciated if they run them as all tests give info.  You aren't being treated differently.   

And, as you may have noticed, if the description given in a new topic by a person is similar to those having beam issues, some of us have been asking what beam the person is on to establish whether speed testing would even be necessary.  

And, with regard to the issue itself, if there was an easy fix it would have already been implemented.  The engineers are working as hard and as fast as they can to fix the problem.  

@GabeU wrote:

The engineers are working as hard and as fast as they can to fix the problem.  

Sorry this just made laugh and have to post after so long. 6+ months waiting still.

AMEN!!  First few months were fine, now my iphone is faster and I have to use that for working from home.  It's awful.

Six months and no resolution....yet the amount I pay has not changed one dime.  I pay for a premium service and get speeds slower than 4G LTE.  I am beyond frustrated.

Here in NY I gave up Verizon DSL (as the only available provider) for HughesNet... My speeds with the DSL line 1-3Mbps were faster and more consistent.... I am about done with the run around and book of stories I get when I chat or call support. 

Did I mention in the last 5 days with the service location vacant and no devices active or powered on my Hughesnet Usage meter is reporting 2 GBs of data were used.... its beyond silly... I am about done ... going back to more reliable DSL... never thought I would say that...

Same here but I'll go back to my Verizon iphone and hotspotting.  It works better.  PERIOD.  I am so tempted to not pay another dime for a service I can't use at all, and let them send me to collections and eventually a law suit.  I'll make sure I take my 25 or so speed tests in that shows that I am not getting what their contract says.  And therefore, they are not getting what my contract says. 

Thank you for an explanation Gabe. I admit I was and still am rather frustrated with things and said some things that are a little unfair. I'm sorry for that, truly. I have missed some of the things you talked about, with regards to what beam people are on and who is asked to run speed tests. There is a lot to read on this forum and my time is rather limited as it can sometimes take minutes to get a page to load, so I didn't notice those things as I just give up trying after some time. Well aware that not everyone is on the same beam, but will try to spend more time, when possible, to read more of the threads on this forum to understand more of what is going on. For now I will just accept the service as is, and wait for a fix, hopefully soon it will come.