cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over paying for slowww, junk internet...this is robbery

Highlighted

Re: Over paying for slowww, junk internet...this is robbery

I was referring to Corrosive. I appreciate your posts, but I knew the information.
Highlighted

I was referring to Corrosive. I appreciate your posts, but I knew the information.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Contrary to what some people seem to think, they don't slow down your speed once you are locked into a contract.  The company isn't out to tick people off. 

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Extremely poor publicizing of the 10 to 20 day unlimited data for new customers is a very bad policy. Does come across as quite shady. New customers are mostly unfamiliar with any kind of data monitoring.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

I agree with that.  They need to change the policy on that and instruct their sales people to tell perspective customers of the unlimited period.  They should also, at the very least, mention to the customer the importance of being cognizant of their usage.  If they did the latter, the former wouldn't really be a problem. 

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Alum

Hi Kayla,

Have you tried installing glasswire? Many of our users find that to be the most helpful.

- Chris
Highlighted
New Poster

I had no idea there was a trial period until reading this. We were shocked last month because almost all our data was gone within the first two weeks. We thought our data habits were fine because we had no trouble at all with data usage our first month. Now, in our third month, we've upgraded our plan (15 GB for $80 vs. our previous AT&T 250 GB for $40). I know cable and satellite are different (we can only get the latter at our new house) but we were told we should have no problems making the transition. There's a huge difference. It's nice knowing we weren't the only ones mislead. 
Highlighted
Associate Professor

they are better off not having access to the internet to be fairly honest."
Corrosive, that is a horrible elitist comment. To say that ANYONE should not have internet access due to a lack of technical knowledge is a disgrace to the "champion" label. 

Anyone that doesn't know how to operate something with out any form of training isn't allowed to operate it, from cars, to commercial equipment.  So if someone doesn't understand what 1GB is, when there is a very good chance they have a cell phone with a data plan, then something is wrong.
Highlighted
Associate Professor
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

The real problem is the majority have no idea what a byte, kilobyte, megabyte or gigabyte is, let alone manage or monitor it. They have no idea what the byte cost is for different things are and feel they shouldn't need to.

A bit like coming from a company that paid for your vehicle mileage no questions asked then to one that wants you to monitor it and turn in receipts.