I wrote an app that's based on a mini-dns I collected, consisting of IP ranges, contacts and domains. The min-dns was to be used for the express purpose of rerouting any spam back to the contact@domain that pertained to the last IP address it came from.
BIG MISTAKE. All it did was confirm my email address for TONS MORE SPAM.
I quickly took that option out.
Now the mini-dns basically is used as a lookup table to see if I should just reroute the spam to /dev/null and **bleep**hettaboutit.
I think about doing that so many times because the domain name and originator is in the mail header, but like you, I found out it only feeds the phishers, they got half of what they want.... a vaid addy