cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POST UPDATE OF DOWN SERVER

Freshman

Re: POST UPDATE OF DOWN SERVER

They could've let us know with an automated phone call, text, email, etc  - we have to have a phone number and an email address for the account. They could've had a recorded message for when people call, too. I know Comcast does that for the account at my other house.

There is no excuse for how poorly this has been handled.

Sophomore

For those that don't think people use twitter for part of there info do a quick search for hughesnet down and see what comes up. Alot of people sending messages to hughesnet twitter account
Sophomore

I agree completely. Enough with the bs excuses and start acting like a real company.
Associate Professor

Jesus christ, what are you people smoking?

The bird has been down just over 2 hours now, it's a holiday, and to top it off, the PR is probably out of the office right now.  I swear, nothing but spoiled by McDonalds like mentality.

It takes time to change the phone system to direct to an automated "sorry, something broke", and sending out mass phone calls... LOL, that's comical, over a million subscribers, yeup, they would be blocked by the phone companies then.

Hi CammySandy,

We are very sorry for any inconvenience. Our official support Twitter does have the same updates I have been posting here. Our handle is @AskHughes

We will continue to post updates as we receive them.

Thank you,

Amanda

Sophomore

Give me a break dude. Enough is enough. All we are saying is they should have a better system in place. If you have over a million customers a holiday should not keep you from some sort of notification. Don't act like it's the end of the world that we complain a little about being notified of these things. We pay alot of money for this service. If it was free then I wouldn't say anything.
Sophomore

Thanks Amanda for the heads up. It's good to know that this exists.
Freshman

Does anyone have any new information, on when this will be fixed? I haven't seen any new posts in a while.

Sophomore

Sorry, haven't seen any new updates
Highlighted
Freshman

Not having an open customer support when it's listed as 24/7 is the last straw. Not that I've ever once had more than 500KB/sec on upload speeds anyways. I will be switching from Hughes Net ASAP.