Hughesnet Community

PROBLEM: Still Getting Error Codes 12.4.1 & 12.7.1 Causing Disconnect Errors

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guy Seamster

PROBLEM: Still Getting Error Codes 12.4.1 & 12.7.1 Causing Disconnect Errors

So tech was just here 2 days ago. Got signal strength up to 111 and left. Nothing was replaced though the last phone call I had with support said I would.

My problem is I am constantly.... though less now but still getting the 12.4.1 & 12.7.1 Error Codes. Just a split second when they happen but it is enough for me to know that the internet is cutting out and the few things I do it effects horribly.

Calling tech support went from 1. Replacing Modem. 2. Fixing Satellite Dish to 3. Tech got here didn't replace anything so I am already aggravated beyond belief at the lack of communication. Not to mention the waiting time to get a tech to even come to see me for 30 dollars to fix a problem that isn't mine and well out of my controls.

MODEM IS HT1100
Running Windows 7 - 64-bit

Tried using other either net cables and switched out my router. Even connected modem straight to computer still getting errors. After tech was here it didn't show errors for like 30minutes then went right back into the same routine. Been with Hughes 4 years and have had multiple problems but none like this. And this happening just 3 or 4 months after I was told I had to cut down some trees which cost be $500 bucks.

So what the hell do I do now? Calling is a joke. Give me this run around and then changing up what they are telling me in between phone calls.

AND to top it off somewhere in the middle my night time allowance went from 15gig to 10gig. Sure didn't hear about that one but I can see it plan as day.

NEED SOME HELP HERE.... already hoping for too much to get a straight response and solution. Otherwise I will just have to call back and complain. And I am so so tired of doing that.

~ Guy
55 REPLIES 55
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Guy unfortunately the Mods are gone for the weekend but I sure Monday they will take care of this. if the Tech. realigned the dish  then they can just send you a new modem and you can swap it out.
Guy Seamster

Well hopefully something will get fixed its going in and out right now bad.
Guy Seamster

UPDATE: 11:45pm and it just sent up 30 errors in a 5 minute span. This is ridiculous! Hope to get some help on here but I am gonna call Support again tomorrow first thing. I am sick to my stomach with aggravation over and over and over with this.
Guy Seamster

Yeah I was getting worried that there was a modem/router issue but I have tried different routers. Last night before I went to bed I hooked up the modem straight into the computer got up this morning and same thing errors across the board. Matter 'o fact think there was a few new ones.

And what is LOS?
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Line Of Site
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

those 2 errors point towards either hardware (Radio, Modem, Coax) or not being able to communicate properly but could also be something related to the network on Hughesnets end 
Knerkin Akin

Line of Sight, the absolutely straight line between your dish and the satellite, uninterrupted by trees, buildings, and whatnot.
Guy Seamster

LOS has always read high. Had some trees cut few months ago. Signal never drops below 100, usually. And as far as buildings go it is pointed right into the side of my house but in 4 years that's never been a problem. Whole new ball game we dealing with here. I am still thinking Modem/Dish too but the tech didn't mess with anything. Just realigned for better signal and walked away.
Guy Seamster

UPDATE: OK HughesNet Called me wondering why I filled out a bad survey blah blah. Conversation sucked up 18 minutes of my life. They still can't see the problem happening. Was told to call back when the next error occurred. So 5 minutes later I was calling back. She wasn't able to see an error right away but luckily one came up while we were on the phone and she saw the red X pop up. Apparently they are going to monitor it for 24 hours and see what is going on. I now have the modem hooked directly to my computer even though the router had nothing to do with it. So guess all we can do now is play the waiting game and call back tomorrow.

NOTE: All the resetting of the modem has wiped out all the errors that had been happening so leaving it on without power cycling and let the errors commence.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Guy Seamster

well im calling in right now she told me 24 hours and im calling it at 21 hours. Having to explain all of it again to someone that has the case number from the conversation from yesterday. All I get is I see it as fully operational. I don't understand why they don't understand that i constantly get errors but its a split second. So they wont see it unless their stare at their screen none stop for a period of time.
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Guy the mods here can see the errors that your modem has had in the past. As long as you dont reboot the modem. you can clear the state codes as often as you want and it will retain the logs as long as its not rebooted.
Guy Seamster

well calling they act like nothing is wrong and i can see its wrong. but i haven't restarted modem last 22 hours. and they still all to hell on the phone. I just don't get it man. Hours my life wasted explaining the same thing over and over again. Worse wanted me to unhook it from router so now brother is internet less while this crap is going on. Hopefully Mods be back tomorrow morning and be able to help out on here if the people on the phone can't get off their butt and get something moving.
Guy Seamster

Finally got her to say it was Line of Site problem. Which orignal tech put dish facing into side of house. Just cut down $500 worth of nice oak trees which got signal way up. After that can't afford to dig up the mountain behind my house. Sat Net just isn't my thing. And now wanting to charge another $30 for what the first guy didn't accomplish. GOD.... if you are there.... pull that Satellite up a little so my dish can see it. Thanks ~ Guy
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

if you stand behind your dish and look the direction its pointed and up do you see any obstructions (trees, Buildings, space ships,) anything at all?
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

can you screeshot your state codes and post them here, make sure to edit ou any personal inf, San site id and such
Guy Seamster

Guy Seamster

Keep in mind this is a problem that just started about 12 days ago. That big gap in the trees above dish is wear a huge oak was. After I cut it down the signal went from 30 to 114. That signal for the most part has been constant for 3 months. Until recently.
Warren
Alum

Guy,

We noticed that the 13.1.1 state code is caused by LAN cable disconnection. Please make sure the cable is seated in the LAN port securely or better yet, replace the LAN cord if possible. the technician scheduled to arrive should be able to address that as well.

- Warren