Hughesnet Community

PROBLEM: Still Getting Error Codes 12.4.1 & 12.7.1 Causing Disconnect Errors

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guy Seamster

PROBLEM: Still Getting Error Codes 12.4.1 & 12.7.1 Causing Disconnect Errors

So tech was just here 2 days ago. Got signal strength up to 111 and left. Nothing was replaced though the last phone call I had with support said I would.

My problem is I am constantly.... though less now but still getting the 12.4.1 & 12.7.1 Error Codes. Just a split second when they happen but it is enough for me to know that the internet is cutting out and the few things I do it effects horribly.

Calling tech support went from 1. Replacing Modem. 2. Fixing Satellite Dish to 3. Tech got here didn't replace anything so I am already aggravated beyond belief at the lack of communication. Not to mention the waiting time to get a tech to even come to see me for 30 dollars to fix a problem that isn't mine and well out of my controls.

MODEM IS HT1100
Running Windows 7 - 64-bit

Tried using other either net cables and switched out my router. Even connected modem straight to computer still getting errors. After tech was here it didn't show errors for like 30minutes then went right back into the same routine. Been with Hughes 4 years and have had multiple problems but none like this. And this happening just 3 or 4 months after I was told I had to cut down some trees which cost be $500 bucks.

So what the hell do I do now? Calling is a joke. Give me this run around and then changing up what they are telling me in between phone calls.

AND to top it off somewhere in the middle my night time allowance went from 15gig to 10gig. Sure didn't hear about that one but I can see it plan as day.

NEED SOME HELP HERE.... already hoping for too much to get a straight response and solution. Otherwise I will just have to call back and complain. And I am so so tired of doing that.

~ Guy
55 REPLIES 55
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Warren the 12.7.1 code can cause the router to disconnect and try to reconnect because it see the internet connection has dropped at the modem. my Asus does the same thing and its caused by the modem not the router
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

I have to agree, that is not a good location at all even a slight tree growth could wipe him out. 
Guy Seamster

That was me reconnecting the router after bs'in on the phone for hours on end. And all those errors you see was with the router taken out of the loop. Right now a tech is supposed to be here Wednesday. But this not a week after last tech was here and all he did was realign the dish and error codes persisted.

And I have already replaced all Ethernet cords multiple times as well as used different routers. The problem is somewhere else.
Guy Seamster

Happens on windless days and clear skies. The errors you see in pic haven't happened for the previous 1hr50min. And it is overcast. Seems worse the weather better it works. Something is glitching out.
Guy Seamster

Already dropped trees and when we got it connected back it was working perfectly. We are running into Fall where things are dying and it would clear the signal up. I will drop more trees if I have to but I wasn't the one to decide that is where the satellite dish should go. Original Tech when I first got the service did that.
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Where I used to live I had to do the same thing, amazing how many tress you have to drop to get 1 little line of site some times.
Guy Seamster

It's amazing all the places the sat dish could have gone that the trees wouldn't have been a factor. Worse these people get paid to do this.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Curious, how far back behind the home do you own?  Do you own upto any clearings behind that tree line or are there even more trees behind what we can see?  It doesn't surprise me the installer didn't want to install if the trees are very far back, installs like yours are tricky.  But even if you don't feel wind, or see any stations near you reporting wind, there can be wind at the top of those trees and you would never really notice it, least not easily.  That aside the only way to determine if it's from LOS is to have a DAPT hooked up, checking the signal constantly till the terminal errors out, because it looks like just enough might have been cleared, but im unsure.  It's not a perfect straight shot from the dish, the dish actually sits at an angle to the satellite so it can reflect and focus that signal into the radio.
Warren
Alum

Guy,

Thanks for the response. Please let us know your site status after the tech arrives. As others have pointed out here, the trees might be causing the intermittent service issue due to the line of site problem, but we are confident that we will resolve this for you! Thanks for your patience.

- Warren
Guy Seamster

Haha resolve it for me.... bring ya chainsaw. Love some help. Just dropped a few tall birches and maples. Stayin' off me oak trees if I can help it. If I had another means of internet I would have it. Satellite Internet has cost me a lot of time and patience. Got a pole beside the road where DirectTV used to be before I moved it. May see if it would be better to put the dish on it. This flat out sucks. Good thing I burn wood during the winter or I would be really really upset.
Guy Seamster

Oh Lordy.... first time I have been on line today to check. I don't want to hex it but it said it has been 16 Hours 26 minutes since last error. So riddle me this bat man this is before I just cut the trees. And it has been windy, it has been over cast, it has been sunny and no errors in 16 Hours. The previous record was between 1 and 2 hours. So someone tell me its the trees and the windy now?

Yup 50min now.... finally happened.

Woo yeah over 16 errors in the last hour.... now we cookin'!

And times have changed around with this but seems to happen more often after 5pm?

UPDATE: 6:37pm errors happening every 12 seconds or so. And a new one 30.1.1 - Web acceleration connection in back off state.... and that error is happening every second. Haven't touched a thing. This is getting all kinds of out of hand.

And now its in permanent 12.1.9.... but i refuse to reset it and lose the errors guess ill be riding out the night with crap internet..... as per usual!

UPDATE: Good morning! 10:08am hasn't been one error in the last 10hours. So during the night now apparently nothing is going wrong? So that is 2 nights in a row. All previous nights just as many errors came up as was during the day. Fall weather kind of windy and nothing all night. Though last hour recorded was a new one. 12.3.2 - Invalid timing packet information.
Guy Seamster

TODAY IS TECH DAY: Keep you all updated if he ever gets here......
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Hopefully he will get it fixed without having to doze the mountain down.

Guy Seamster

UPDATE: We need to work on our communication skills apparently. When a HughesNet representative asks me what number is the best to be reached at and I give it to them wouldn't you think that would be relayed to the Technician out in the field? Sure because that is how it has worked every single time until just now.

Tech called my mom's house and of course since she wasn't there to receive the message there was no way to know I was at my home on the other end of town. Besides of which they didn't even leave a message. She just happened to see it on caller ID. So after calling them I had to verify that was even who that was.

So now we are scheduled for Monday 11am. And let's not mention I woke up early as hell to drop a couple more trees and got stung by a swarm of Yellow Jackets.

MAD? You bet I am. I am so disappointed in how this has been handled. So being is I just missed out on an entire day of work I am going to go make some money for a few days and try this BS again on Monday.

15hrs. 20min. since last error. Amazing closer ya get to getting someone here it just magically starts working better. But this is only 2nd time it has gone this long in 15 days. Weather still same as always.
Guy Seamster

UPDATE: So about 5pm orr 6pm my error logged cleared on it's own. Guessing that the 48hour log HughesNet takes? And Happy to report even though the Tech didn't get here haven't had one single error in the last 24hrs. plus! Happy as I am still not making any sense. Maybe dropped the right tree? Got stung by the right bee?

And anyone got any advice on how to keep ice off the dish? Had Tech's tell me cooking spray? Like to hear some opinions.

Still gonna get tech here on monday realighn and check out hardware make sure something isn't still on the fritz but other than that guess I'm back to semi-normal.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Guy, as far as ice and snow, do NOT use cooking sprays or greases.  While they work the first few times, they like to attract dirt and dust which will degrade the signal.  The best thing is RainX applied every few weeks.  When you apply it, apply it like you would a car windshield, but be careful not to push on the dish so hard that it throws it off balance.  Also, when applying make sure you remove power from the modem so your not getting blasted with radiation from the transmitter.

Best things to use for snow prevention.

1: Regular coatings of Rain-X this will help the snow slide off.
2: A soft bristle broom to help sweep the sheet of ice off if Rain-X was applied...
3: A good quality super-soaker or sprayer full of Windshield De-Icer if the ice is already caked onto the dish, this will help break it up and let it slide off easily.
4: Dish HEATERS are NOT recommended as they can interfear with your transmission signal.
5: Greases are NOT recommended due to dirt build up.

If you live in an area where you MUST use a dish heater, install the heater on the back side of the dish, and along the arm of the dish, be aware while on it can interfear with the signal, so use it only to help clear the dish, or keep snow/ice from building up during a storm.
Amanda

Hello Guy,

Before leaving the office yesterday I was able to acquire your information from Warren and investigated a bit. To leave out the hard-to-describe details, there have been some troubles with your system trying to transmit information to us. I cleared the log on my own to monitor it real time while I was forcing your system to restart its signal. A burst of information was sent from your modem to us, where I monitored for packet loss. Previously, there had been a large chunk of data being lost somewhere along its way back to us (a bit over 30%). After reacquiring signal and forcing this information back, your system appeared to be stable.

Now, this may not last forever. We still need someone to go onsite and evaluate the line of sight, fine tune your dish if needed and check out your modem. As it may seem to be something with your signal, there is always probable cause that the modem is causing this.

On a side note, Charles' idea about spraying your dish with De-Icer is good, you can even use those garden hose attachment sprayers too... If your garden hose is not frozen.

Thanks
Amanda
Guy Seamster

Oh ok thanks for saying Amanda. I was doing my best leave those errors up instead of trying to power cycle the modem. Just making sure. As of now still no errors going on which is a miracle.
Guy Seamster

Ok awesome! Thanks man. I was thinking the same thing about the cooking spray. That was recommended by a dish tech. And all i was thinking was. Wont that get grit stuck to it more. And I got some rain-x on hand when the time comes. Still a month away from snowing but I am ready!
Guy Seamster

Aight me friends heading off the mountain to work. I will be back by Monday be ready for the tech when he comes. Until then I appreciate ya'll keeping up with this. Any little bit more information I get helps. So you guys have a good weekend and I will see you then! 😉