cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEM: Still Getting Error Codes 12.4.1 & 12.7.1 Causing Disconnect Errors

Guy Seamster

Re: PROBLEM: Still Getting Error Codes 12.4.1 & 12.7.1 Causing Disconnect Errors

Ok awesome! Thanks man. I was thinking the same thing about the cooking spray. That was recommended by a dish tech. And all i was thinking was. Wont that get grit stuck to it more. And I got some rain-x on hand when the time comes. Still a month away from snowing but I am ready!
Guy Seamster

Re: PROBLEM: Still Getting Error Codes 12.4.1 & 12.7.1 Causing Disconnect Errors

Aight me friends heading off the mountain to work. I will be back by Monday be ready for the tech when he comes. Until then I appreciate ya'll keeping up with this. Any little bit more information I get helps. So you guys have a good weekend and I will see you then! ;-)
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

I wonder if those few trees you cut down yesterday might have been responsible for the data loss...?  Hopefully they figure it out.  Amanda is one of the best I have seen at getting issues resolved. Smiley Happy
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

you can buy a dish heater thats electric if you dont mind spending a hundred dollars for it and then have it installed.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Charles, it's recommended by engineering (i remember a post in the group) that we stay away from dish heaters because they COULD affect the signal, it's one those things that are iffy as to whether it's worth it or not.  If this was TV that's a different story, but, we transmit too, and that's what can get messed up apparently.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I also read somewhere, don't know if true, that they can actually warp these new thin metal dishes. Maybe total nonsense, just passing it along.

I think nonsense the more I think about it. Shouldn't get warm enough to do it.
Amanda

Sgoshe,

This could be true. Compared to the dishes we had during KU/KA days to the dishes that were re-vamped for Jupiter service, they are significantly lighter and thinner.

Amanda
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

sgoshe, they get just warm enough to try and keep the temp slightly above freezing, but if it's too cold they just flat out dont work at all.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Yea, I'll stick with spraying windshield washer/deicer. It works and very cheap at about $1/gallon most places.
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

could be right, the one I saw was an overlay that fit the back of the dish so it would have to be installed by an installer