cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS3 and PS4 Updates

PS3 and PS4 Updates

Currently I have 34 GB's left of space on my PS4, and in order to clear up space, I need to clear hard drive data. Unlike Memory I cannot simply copy my Hard drive data to my USB drive and then reinstall it when I see fit. No. I have to make separate downloads that take up my Wifi plan that is 10 GB in the rest of the day, and 15 GB in "bonus time". And with the size of the content that current developers are sending out, I am wondering if there is anyway to refill our accounts with out having to purchase "Tokens" or waiting for a refill date so we can at least reinstall these massive amounts of data when need be with out paying so much money? 

Some of these major expansions and re-installations are eight GB long or higher...heck one is over ten GB long...did I mention that I have a plan that is only 10 GB for the rest of the day?
10 REPLIES 10
Assistant Professor

Re: PS3 and PS4 Updates

Yep, in the past I took my laptop to the library for extremely large downloads. PS4 download party at a friend's place sounds like fun!  Smiley Happy

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for posting. Bill and sgoshe's recommendations would work as an alternative to buying tokens.

I pulled up your account to double-check on plans in your area; I plugged in your address here: http://www.hughesnet.com/ and I see you are eligible for our Ultra plan which offers 50 GB Anytime Bytes and 50 GB Bonus Bytes. I would suggest checking yourself at that site if it's something you may consider, the plan may suit your needs better than your current plan.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Associate Professor

If I am not mistaken, you can backup PS3 and PS4 game data to an external drive...

Guess you can only back up the small save files on the PS4...  My suggestion is this, buy a new drive for the console, and swap between them when needed?  No official method for backing up such a large amount of data honestly.

Try reading this and see if it works...
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/03/guide_how_to_back_up_your_ps4_hdd_to_a_usb_drive

Hey, Come-on Gang--You are ALL "Tempting" me with The Foods I Am NOT Suppose To Be Eating According To My Doctor--NO FAIR! (Okay, I'll Admit It: Pizza IS My "Vice"!)  LOL--Oh God--I Just Thought About The FAIR In A Few Months! LOL!~

Thanks Liz! I'm looking at this plan now. But when I click on it: it asks me if I want to "lease" or purchase it. I do not want to "purchase" equipment since I've already got a Hughes net Gen 4 router. I'm already an existing customer. Now there is a "Existing customer" option on the upper right of the screen. But when I click that: it sends me back to my hughes bet home page.

What do I have to do?
Highlighted

Hi Andrews, Are you registered here: http://my.hughesnet.com/        , if you are your best bet would be to login first and then click on the word Support in the blue bar at the top of the page.  Towards the bottom right  of the next page displayed you should see a blue box labeled Service Upgrades. Clicking on it will pop a box to type in your DSS#  and zip code, after doing so it should pop up your available options... 

Yep Bill, I'm going to try that "Philosophy" on my next doctor appointment! ;-) LOL!

Thanks y'all. A big help. Seems to be running a little slower compared to the plan I was originally on, but I take it that is proble because we're still new to the current program or something like that.
Associate Professor

Some of the higher tier plans are more congested than others, you go through different gateways depending on plan type...  Did you look into the potential of backing games up in the article I linked?