cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pages Time Out

Freshman

Re: Pages Time Out

Could well be a coincidence. Probably not a power glitch as the modem is on a ups and no other signs of a power problem.  TLS 1.3 was approved by IETF last month but you would be more familiar with the Hughes impact than I.  In any case all sites are now up and running again and thanks for all the replies.

Senior Instructor

Don't mind me, my memory's slipping. What I was thinking about was back in July '15, not last summer...

So that was likely the change for 1.2, not 1.3. lol

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Freshman

Just one more note.  I got a message from Hughes that my Chrome was not up to date with TLS and to update to the latest version.  I know Microsoft keeps Edge and IE up to date if you keep your Windows updated.   I am on the preview version so I have the October update versions on those.  Firefox is on the beta channel so it is up to date.  If anyone has not gotten the latest versions of their browsers, I would suggest that you manually update them so they have the latest version of TLS in them.  

Professor

Good tip, freeafrog. I don't remember if Chrome updates itself like Firefox does, but it's always a good idea to make sure everything's up to date. 

Thanks for letting us know all is well again freeafrog. Thanks to everyone who jumped in to help.

A friendly reminder: if you need to troubleshoot, please start your own thread, it's much less confusing and more effective to get help that way. I'll close this thread since the original poster's issue was resolved.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->