cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pages loading slow

Re: Pages loading slow

Hey Ron,

Gary Hall has explained it perfectly! No matter the amount of time it takes to download something does not decrease or increase the size of the download. Alternatively though, if your download stops and re-starts, you may end up downloading the file again which will result in a bit more data used.

It's best to determine if the file you're download is just slow or if it keeps retrying the download to see where you stand.

Thanks,
Amanda

Yes These Volunteers are doing a Bang up Job, Now I just found out I'd been reading outdated Post on the Forum and Thought We lost our Purchased Token Data every month, Makes more sense Now to Buy a Couple if I need them, Didn't realize they Rolled over! One other question say if I were to upgrade, can I downscale if I need Too, also Does My Contract start over if I do, Sorry that was 2 questions.
Highlighted

Hi Ron,

Glad to hear you're getting good help here! Upgrading or downgrading your service does not make any changes to your current contract. You can upgrade/downgrade as you please but just remember there will be a prorated fee (difference in the months price) for upgrading - that is the only thing. Hope I helped too Smiley Happy

Thanks,
Amanda

Amanda You Guys are Great and all have been Very Helpful, Sorry I'm such a Bother, System is running smooth, and all is well, Data Usage Is just like the Day I started using Hughes, I had a Few issues at First and was using the Phone Support, I tried the Caht one also and all that did was use up My Time and Data! This Forum and Team are by far The Best! Thanks again Ron

One more thing not every download mirror will have the same speed as your download speed.  This is why you see a different download rate on different sites.
If this gets you confused think of it this way.  You are downloading from their site, they are uploading to your PC.  So their upload rate will affect your download (rate)speed.  This is why you see 200k download rate but when you run a speed test you show 15mb Download for example.  A lot of users get Speed and Rate mixed up but they are two different animals.

I think most of my problems besides reading some outdated postings was I didn't have or was given one of those Cheat sheet setup instructions paper or booklet I ' be seen that suggestion on I think more than one Thread

Well check your chat  on face book sometime!!!!