Phone Number Porting Problems.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denny1515
New Poster

Phone Number Porting Problems.

When I signed up for Hugh's Net I was told we could port our old number. We tried a port request and it was denied. Something about not having a local number, which we do. We called the call service center in the Phillipines and were told our number could be ported. I talked to our old company (Windstream) in person and they said they had no block on our phone number and that it should port. I talked to the Phillipines again today and they tried to explain that Hugh's Net is the one that does not have the local number. They are putting a request for a new number but could not guarentee that it would be a local number. Has anyone had this problem before and how did you solve it? Also, does anyone have a phone number to talk to a company representative in the US or even a chat line I can get through on? Thanks for your help.

1 REPLY 1
WT4FEC
Sophomore

@denny1515 wrote:

When I signed up for Hugh's Net I was told we could port our old number. We tried a port request and it was denied. Something about not having a local number, which we do.

Was your local number ported to Windstream by an ILEC, that is to say when you signed up for Windstream service, did you port or pick a number from the local phone company (ILEC) in your area or did you pick a number from Windstreams pool of available numbers?

If you ported or picked a number from an ILEC's pool it is very possible it is cannot be re-ported.