Phone is dead

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lori0816
New Poster

Phone is dead

My phone is dead, but I do have internet. On my ATA, phone 1 is not lit up. I've tried unplugging everything and replugging it in...still nothing. Any suggestions?

18 REPLIES 18
Liz

Hi Lori0816,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I'd like to gather more information and troubleshoot to help address your concerns.

While the Phone 1 LED is off, are the Power and Internet LEDs lit?

Unplug the power cord from the power brick to your HT1100's modem, let's leave this unplugged for at least 30 seconds. 

Power down the computer/laptop that's connected to the ATA.

Then unplug the power cord from the ATA, let's also leave this unplugged for at least 30 seconds. 

In the meantime, please check these cables:

Ensure the phone jack is securely plugged into the Phone1 port in the back of the ATA.

Ensure the other end of the phone jack is securely plugged into your phone's base set.

Ensure that one end of an ethernet/LAN cable is secured to the ATA's blue Internet port, while the other is secured to the LAN port on your HT1100 modem.

Ensure that one end of another ethernet/LAN cable is secured to the ATA's yellow Ethernet port, while the other is secured to the LAN port on your computer.

After at least 30 seconds have elapsed since you unplugged the power cords, first replug the power cord into the power brick of your modem.

Power on the computer/laptop.

Finally, replug the power cord into the  ATA.

Please let me know which ATA LEDs light up.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi Liz,
I did everything you said, and still the only LED's lit on the ATA is the power and Internet....and the internet one is blinking. However, the phone 1 is still not lit.
Thanks,
Lori

Thanks for checking, Lori. I'm shipping you our newer ATA model from Innomedia. You don't have to return your Cisco ATA to us. The box should include setup instructions which can also be found online here.

The ATA should arrive in a few days, so please let me know how it works out for you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Ok...thank you very much Liz. 🙂

Liz,

I received the new ATA....but I'm totally confused. I followed the directions, but still no luck. On the new ATA, the POWER light is green, the RUN light is flashing red, and the WAN light is flickering yellow. Also, I had a wireless router hooked up before, but I left it disconnected like the directions said. I waited the required time...and much longer...but still no luck. Please advise on what to do.

Thanks.

Hi Lori,

Thank you for this information, I'm currently investigating and will post back once I have any news or additional questions.

Hi Lori,

Please visit this site and follow the steps to activate your new ATA:

http://voice.hughesnet.com/activation/index.cfm

Please let me know how it goes and if you get the dial tone once activated.

Hi Liz,

I went to the site, but it said the ATA was already activated. I tried to connect the ATA again...the LAN light on the modem won't light up until I plug in the router...but the directions say not to plug in the router until AFTER all the modem lights and ATA lights (power, run, wan, lan) are on. Never-the-less, I have internet...but the phone is STILL dead.

Can you please post the Innomedia's MAC address so I can confirm that's the same in our system?

The MAC address is: 00109933CCDC

Hi Lori,

Thank you for the MAC address. It appears to still be linked with an inactive account, so we're working on getting that unlinked so you can activate your ATA.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Ok..thanks.

Oooh got that done quick. Can you please try activating via this link again?: http://voice.hughesnet.com/activation/index.cfm

Liz,

My phone is still dead. Tried to activate the ATA again....but it says it's already done under my SAN number. Been without phone too long now. Please tell me what's going on.

Thanks,

Lori

Good morning Lori,

Thank you for this update. Which lights are lit on the ATA? I've updated out VOIP team on your case and am pending their response.

Hi Liz,
The following lights are lit up on the new ATA when I connect it: Power-green; Run-flashing red; Wan-flickering yellow; Lan-flickering yellow. Do you think it might have something to do with the modem? The LAN, Transmit and Receive lights are flickering. Are they supposed to do that?

Hi Lori,

The modem is fine--as long as your internet works, your VOIP service will work. In this case, the cause of your activation concerns are on the backend and we're working on straigtening that out. Once I have an update or additional instructions for you, I will post back in this thread--no need to create new threads.

Hi Lori,

Do you have a dial tone now?