Hughesnet Community

Phone service canceled for no reason

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reelnrock

Phone service canceled for no reason

On May 26 I had no dial tone.The reason was that my account had been cancelled.No discernible reason but service was restored within a couple of hours. OK. Until it happened again on Aug 11. Again no warning or explanation and this time in order to make the phone work again I must start a new account. This seems unnecessary since I already have the equipment.Why go thru that again? Also I frankly am reluctant to commit for another 24 months since I never know when my account is going without reason,warning,or explanation. I have already fulfilled my 24 month obligation. Oh yes,I could pay a higher monthly bill and not have the 24 month obligation,but that seems very unfair to me since it was not my fault that the service was cancelled to begin with. In fact I would think I should offered a discount for the inconvenience I have already experienced. Case numbers 55460932,55492414, and 55513361.
10 REPLIES 10
Liz

Good morning reelnrock,

Welcome and thank you for posting. I've never heard of a case like this, so I pulled up your account and dug into your case history; this occurrence of cancellation without your prompt is certainly very odd. Looks like an unspecified system issue caused all this. I'll escalate this to our engineers so they can investigate the specific cause and can take precautions moving forward in preventing this from reoccurring.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and helps us improve. I have credited your account a month of service for the inconvenience.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

reelnrock

Thank you for your interest and prompt reply.I will reconsider continuing my phone service with Hughesnet.Is it really necessary to start all over.?I frankly hate to commit for 24 months when I have already fulfilled this.If this were to recur I would surely cancel but would not feel obligated to pay a fee
Liz

You're welcome. I'm looking into this to see if starting over is necessary. If so, there still is the option to sign up for HughesNet Voice without a commitment, but the monthly price is greater than if you sign up with the commitment.

Once I have any news on this to share, I'll post back.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

reelnrock

Thanks
Liz

Hi reelnrock,

Just letting you know I haven't forgotten about you, I just have not gotten any updates on your case yet. I'll poke the VOIP team on this to see what they've found so far.

Have a good weekend!

-Liz

reelnrock

Thanks for your follow up as I am not comfortable with your service until an explanation is found
reelnrock

Thanks for your follow up as I am not comfortable with your service until an explanation is found
Liz

Good morning reelnrock,

That's completely understandable. My VOIP guy is following up on a possible cause he thinks could be a culprit. I'll post back once I have any further news.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

reelnrock

I have gone back to Verizon as I never heard an explanation. I am considering Dish for Internet as well
Liz

Good morning reelnrock,

Thank you for letting me know. Our investigations did lead to some triggers that resulted in the cancellation, but we could not find the root cause of that trigger. I'm sorry we aren't able to find any root cause in a timely manner. I do understand your actions and I wish you the best with your new provider.

If you have additional concerns, feel free to post back.

Thank you,
Liz