Hughesnet Community

Phone

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vickipennington

Phone

I called earlier and reported I can’t make phone calls out the people I call can’t hear me I can receive calls fine the person I talked to earlier said they were going to shut everything down for 7-10 minutes then try again and I did and I still can’t make phone calls. They told me to email and let them know
4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You may want to send an email then, unless you can wait until Monday when the HughesNet reps on this site will be back. To send an email, click on CONTACT US at the top of these pages, then click Email Us.   You can also use the chat feature. 

vickipennington wrote:
I called earlier and reported I can’t make phone calls out the people I call can’t hear me I can receive calls fine the person I talked to earlier said they were going to shut everything down for 7-10 minutes then try again and I did and I still can’t make phone calls. They told me to email and let them know

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@vickipennington 

If you haven't already tried, and the reps didn't do so remotely, you may want to power cycle your HughesNet equipment.  To do so...

1.  Unplug the HughesNet modem and the ATA (the Voice box).

2.  After waiting at least 60 seconds, plug the HughesNet modem back in.

3.  After waiting at least five minutes, plug the ATA back in.

4.  After waiting for a couple of minutes in order to ensure that the ATA is fully back up and ready, try the service again. 

If the equipment has had some sort of "glitch", this procedure can sometimes get it working properly again.  

Liz

Good morning Vicki,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I ran diagnostics on your site to make sure the internet service supporting your Voice service was working normally, and good news it's all fine on that front.

Did Gabe's suggestion above make any difference?

Do you have a dial tone currently?

Please look for the MAC address on the ATA (the phone box we provided) and let me know what it is so I can confirm it's the same in our system. 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Good morning Vicki,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!