cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping time has doubled on Gen 5

Re: Ping time has doubled on Gen 5

Good morning folks,

Thank you lighthope and Gabe, this info certainly clarifies things. I've escalated your case to our engineers and I'll post back once I hear back.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

My connection finally died.

I called tech support and they had me reinstall the modem.  That does seem to have cleared up the problem somewhat.  Ping times are higher still, but not as much, and generally it is in the evenings. 1000 or so.  Sometimes rising to 1200.

Strangely, I have been experiencing some real problems at night.  Connections to websites taking a very long time.

I unplugged my modem and plugged it back in.  No effect.

Called tech support.  They reset the modem on their end.  That seems to have solved the problem....for now.

I will keep watching this to see if either ping times go up again or if website connections continue to have problems.

Thank you for the update, lighthope. I've informed the engineers with this latest news.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->