cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping up to 6,500

Highlighted
Sophomore

Ping up to 6,500

Disabled hopper and no effect to high ping and extreme lag ! This all came about 2 weeks ago ! Lost , don't know what to try next !

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Re: Ping up to 6,500

Hi Rascal777jimmy, it would be best to repost in the Tech Support section: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/bd-p/TechSupport

Until then, when you go here http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/status does it have all green checks like this?

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Sophomore

Same thing has been happening to me the past couple of weeks. Latency spikes reaching into the 7 second range and packet loss spikes from 20-40%.  All started a couple weeks ago for me too.  Hope you get it figured out.

<edit> Also forgot to mention extremely upload speeds.  Speed tests online showed an average upload of 0.1mbps.

Highlighted

Hi Rascal777jimmy,

I've taken a look at your HughesNet equipment and ran diagnostic tools to see if I could find out what is causing the high ping. After running a speed test from our network to your modem (excludes your home network), I do not see any problems. Time for test is in UTC - this test was run at 7:41 AM EST:

rascal777jimmy.JPG

However, that doesn't mean there isn't one. Could you give us a little more information, such as where you measured the ping, device you used, if it happens at a certain time of day or if seems random? 

Thank you,

Amanda

Highlighted

Sorry about the back to back posts!

ChrisVZ,

I ran diagnostics but was getting a bad alignment reading, but I believe that is due to the weather in your area right now. Accuweather shows there is ice pellet precipitation and I don't want this to cause a false diagnosis. Delivery looks good to the modem as well, however I'd rather wait until it clears up a bit more before checking your system again.

ChrisVZ.JPG

Thanks

Amanda

Highlighted
Sophomore

Thanks for the attempt, but I am only with Hughes for 3 more weeks. Diagnosing and fixing this issue is no longer a priority for me.  I am just gonna limp through until my new service is installed.

Highlighted
Sophomore

Installed a ping plotter off an inline game . The game doesn't play . the ping plotter works ! The Hughes usage meter has been installed several times and dosen't work . Windows says it is incompatable !

Highlighted
Sophomore

After talking to several Tech. people that are very up to date they say that Hughes Net is overloaded and a weak provider !

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

@Rascal777jimmy wrote:

Installed a ping plotter off an inline game . The game doesn't play . the ping plotter works ! The Hughes usage meter has been installed several times and dosen't work . Windows says it is incompatable !

What version of Windows? Real-time multi-player games will not work well due to the inherent latency with satellite. Nothing they can do about that.

Highlighted
Sophomore

Windows 10 ! I know that online games don't work well on Sat. ! A telecommunications tech. checked my system and advised me to get a phone line service or go back to Dish with there new sat. system as soonas I can to get better service ! Also to steer clear of Hughes !