Playstation Network

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keontej18
New Poster

Playstation Network

I can't sign in to Playstation Network (PSN) with hughesnet. When I go to test my internet connection everything is successful but fails when I try to sign into PSN. I know online gaming is bad for satellite internet but not being able to sign into your account shouldn't be an issue. I just want to know if anyone else has had that problem and how I can fix it.
11 REPLIES 11
jackww82
New Poster

I'm having the same problem here. I was signed in about 2 hours ago and had a service tech upgrade me to the Gen 5 system. After everything was installed and ready to go, I noticed that I wasn't signing back in to PSN. I did it manually and it gives me a WS-37397-9 error, which is the code for a banned IP address. I've tried a few things to get my IP to cycle to a different one (rebooted the modem and tried leaving it unplugged for 30 minutes) and still keep getting the same IP.

Something has to be going on on Hughesnet's end.

Edit: It seems as though the new Gen 5 modem was causing an issue with the IP address of my Netgear router. I changed the MAC address of the router to force a new IP address for it and everything if back to normal. I followed the steps in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKBkyrXoXUE&t=0s

WS-37397-9 Playstation network error solution!!! This error is common across all playstation user and it occurs due to Banned IP... So all you have to do is change MAC address of your Router and follow steps present in this video!!! If this will help you please Like ... Subscribe .. and Share !!!
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

When this happens, are you guys able to sign into the PSN website on your computers at all, or are you getting an Access Denied error by chance?

It's back to not letting me log in again.

On my PS4 it gives me the WS-37397-9 error and when I try to sign in to PSN on my laptop or phone it gives me this access denied page:

http://i.imgur.com/21i0WuV.jpg

Edit: I've also took my router out of the equation by doing a wired connection from my laptop to the Gen5 modem and by also logging in to the Gen5 modem's wifi and the problem still persists.

This is starting to get aggravating.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Ok, yeah...  So, Hughesnet Engineering is already aware of the issue about Access Denied errors when visiting many websites, and are actively working on a fix.  Sadly there is no current ETA for when the fix will be rolled out(could be in the next 5 minutes, might take a week), but I can promise you, they are busting their rear ends fixing the access denied issue.

In the mean time, the only potential sollution is to power the modem off, wait 2-3 minutes, power it back on, and try again, if you do this, make sure you disconnect power at the wall, and not at the modem.  This has at times stopped the access denied error for me, sometimes it doesn't work the first go-around.

As a last ditch effort, you can try disabling Web-Acceleration... If you don't know how, let me know and I or another community member can assist with that.

I suspect the PSN logon issue with the console, is directly tied to the Access Denied issue...  I think Hughesnet will inform us when the fix has rolled out to us.  Hopefully it's sooner rather than later, I hate when I get Access Denied when trying to track packages on usps.com or visit other websites.

Liz

Hi folks,

A fix was rolled out recently to address an issue that may be related to your Xbox and PSN concerns, can you please let me know if you can access them now? To be on the safe side, power cycle the HughesNet modem (unplug the power cable from the power brick then plug it back in after 30 seconds) before re-attempting to connect. If you're still seeing an error, please let me know and for which console/sites.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Called tech support about xbox live not connecting. I was transfered to 3rd Party support. The people at 3rd Party support tried and failed to connect to my Xbox live account. I have an Xbox 360 I bought from GameStop. It was working just fine with Gen 4. Now it keeps telling my account is blocked. I also have a PlayStation 4 which is working just fine with Gen 5. I was told by 3rd Party support that Hughesnet knows about the problem and is working on it. I would just have to wait to see what they do. Now I read that they fixed it, but my Xbox 360 still will not connect. I do not play online games, but Microsoft set it up where you have to be logged into Xbox live to save your (offline) game to the Hard Drive. Without them (Xbox live) you can only play from the start of the game every time you want to play your $60+ Dollar Game. Gen 5 still has Xbox live problems.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

The only game I'm playing right now is Grand Theft Auto 5. When I lost the xbox live connection I was warned when I started the game I would have to be on line because of those trophies you get for doing good. I was started at the very beginning of the game. I then went to the load game screen and all my saves were gone. Only a "Not on line" filled that box. This is the only game I tried. I am sure if they do one they will do others that way to. This is why a connection is critical. Hope Hughes Net can help us gamers with this.

I'm having the same problem and Hughesnet help was absolutely worthless.  I just want to stream Netflix, but can't connect to Xbox Live.

Any suggestions?

Hi tlcfl,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. We'd like to help address your Xbox Live concerns. To test, are you able to access Xbox Live if you have the Xbox directly connected to the HughesNet modem?

Also, I see in your case notes that at point during troubleshooting with us on the phone, the HughesNet modem was reset to factory settings, are you still working off the original factory settings or did you make adjustments to the IP settings?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi folks,

Thank you for your patience while our engineers work to address your concerns. Please try the steps here and let me know if they help.

Looking forward to hearing back.