cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dunbar
New Poster

Playstation unable to connect to games

Good day,

Anyone able to connect to Playstation games or have trouble connecting to games?  It appears we can connect to internet for playstation but many times when joining a game it just says connecting and doesn't connect or says problem with internet.  I understand it isn't going to be fastest for online games but was thinking it would connect just be slower.   

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Have you tried rebooting the modem? 

The list below was given in the past for a different kind of issue, but if it were me having the problem with PS, I'd try it just in case: 

1. Turn every device using the internet off (computer, phone, tablet...) - everything but the modem must be powered off first.

2. Reboot the HughesNet modem by unplugging its power plug from the wall socket.

3. Wait a minute, and plug the modem back in.

4. Wait another minute until the modem is fully online (all front panel indicators are back on) and start turning your devices back on, one by one.

(I'd turn on and test the PS first)

I don't have a playstation, but I think someone here does (@MarkJFine ?  @C0RR0SIVE ?) so I hope they chime in. 

dunbar wrote:

Good day,

Anyone able to connect to Playstation games or have trouble connecting to games?  It appears we can connect to internet for playstation but many times when joining a game it just says connecting and doesn't connect or says problem with internet.  I understand it isn't going to be fastest for online games but was thinking it would connect just be slower.   

Not me, but everything is slow, everywhere.

Everyone's home trying to watch TV on their internet. It's clogging everything up.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Thanks, Mark. Maybe it's the other guy who had PS. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

Not me, but everything is slow, everywhere.

Everyone's home trying to watch TV on their internet. It's clogging everything up.

Think C0RR0SIVE has XBox too.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Excellent. Maybe he'll be on sometime soon. 

GabeU

@dunbar 

If your'e referring to real-time online games, such as first person shooters, MMORPGs or any other multi-player games, those types don't work well with HughesNet due to the high latency inherent to geostationary satellite internet.  It's far too high for them to be playable, in any real sense of the word.  It may very well be that the game system or servers are detecting that the latency is too high for those games and is not allowing you to join because of it. 

Turn based games, however, shouldn't be a problem.