Hughesnet Community

Please cancel my contract and waive fees/mislead in initial sales call about data cap

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aainsc73

Please cancel my contract and waive fees/mislead in initial sales call about data cap

I now understand that there is an aparent tight data cap with Hughes Net.  I do not feel like this was properly disclosed to me in my initial call.  I also feel as if I told the sales rep of my intentions for usage and now, only in to the second month with Hughes Net, I am unable to watch netflix and am out of data.  My billing cycle just started over a few days ago!  I was also out of data by the second half of my first month.   I would like my inital call to be reviewed as I do not feel that the agent made it clear to me the cap and what those limitations would would mean.  This is a completely unusable service for my family to be out of data after 3 days into a billing cycle.  I also was not given information about how to log on to monitor my data usage until I called in to ask why I couldn't use the internet.  That information should have been provided in my initial conversation with the sales rep.  I was not even aware I was set up on auto matic payments to my credit card until I called in about the data issue.  This seems deceptive and unacceptable to me.  Never even recieved a confirmation email disclosing any of these limitations. The sales rep even sold me warranty products that I didn't need according to the 2nd rep that took my service call.  He was kind enough to cancel it for me.    Please respond and let me know that my complaint is being reviewed.  My invoice number is B1-303762360
10 REPLIES 10
Kelly Reedy

I agree. i want out ad i'm not paying their ridiculous discnnect fee
Amanda

Hello aainsc73

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and letting us know about your concerns. We can definitely send a request to the sales call group who sold you your services and if your call is available, it can be reviewed. You ordered very recently, so I do not think that will be an issue. 

It should not take too long to get a reply, but we will keep you updated as we go along.

Thanks again
Amanda
aainsc73

Amanda, Thank you for your quick reply.  Please keep me advised of the situation.  Thanks.
aainsc73

Amanda, please update me as soon as possible. I am beside myself with the cost of a service I am unable to use after 3 days of my data reset. I would like out of contract with no ETF and believe that my sales rep told me I had 45 days to cancel. I took notes during the call and I wrote down "45 days to cancel. ". I do not Believe I was told of a 400$ ETF either. I have only had service since 9/7 but am feeling pressed for time. Hopefully you are able to expedite the review of the sales call and get back to me as quickly as possible. Thanks!
debbie.jean.bro
Advanced Tutor

Hi aainsc73, did you try to cancel and were told you couldn't (unless you paid the ETF)?
vickyandneal

I was never told there was a cancellation period and I am always running out of time. Was told to go to some other site and down load my movies during the night and watch them at a later time. What kind of service is that? Good customer service I dont think so. Poor customers service. More and more complaints than anything. I will tell everybody not to use Hughesnet...very bad service!!!
debbie.jean.bro
Advanced Tutor

vickyandneal, as has been advised in the other posts you've commented on, please start a new post describing your problem so you can get help from this community, rather than hijacking other people's posts. One issue at a time--that way, each customer gets individual attention. Thanks!
aainsc73

Amanda, I just got off the phone with "Andy" with Hughes Net.  I explained the situation said I would like to cancel due to being mislead in my initial conversation with the sales rep.  I really felt as If I was being strong armed into continuing to pay for a service that will not work for my needs.  I was offered several "solutions" which were unacceptable considering I feel mislead by Hughes Net.  I have lost trust early in the relationship with Hughes Net and my solution is not to just upgrade my service at more expense to me.  The solution I would like is to have the ETF waived and my contract cancelled.  Andy kept going back and forth offering me 100$ waived, then 200$ waived.  I feel as if those amounts can be waived the whole $400 fee could and should be waived.  Please help!  The case number for my last conversation with Andy is 101156434.  I look forward to hearing from you soon.  Thanks!

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

"They promise you exceptional service and then fail to deliver at every turn."

The do provide exceptional service ...... for a satellite internet connection.  There is no way to compare a satellite connection to ground based ISP's or WISP's. Different animal all together.

"The data allowance was intentionally over sold and the customers are being penalized for Hughes Net’s incompetence."

How would you be aware of the density of individual beam/gateway loading and individual uplink/downlink server capacity?

I would strongly suggest that you start a new topic of your own here in the Community so that your issue can be given personal attention.

Amanda

Hi Amy

Just wanted to let you know we did get to review the call and determined the sales agent provided all the information necessary about data limits. This includes what happens after the limit is reached, an estimate on what can be done with the data offered as well as the recommendation to watch streaming video in standard definition to conserve data.

However since you were so close your initial 30 days of service, I have extended your trial period until 11/6/16. You will be able to call in and cancel any time between now and then without the early termination fee applying. You can refer to case number 101176944.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns and I'll be available to help!

Thanks,
Amanda