cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please do something about the cursing on posts

Please do something about the cursing on posts

Will you PLEASE stop the foul language on the community boards?  If others are so tired of posting about the same old topics, can't they take a breath rather than go this route?  Case in point is the problem post titled I am not stupid, I can tell when internet speed is slow (maybe not an exact quote on the title).  I read that this morning, and would not even post on it.  Again, a customer is lashing out, and one member who claims to be there for help instigates a war with them using foul language.  I am sick of it.  I won't even post on this sort of topic reply.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Please do something about the cursing on posts

Hi cuddlebug,

I know, it's frustrating and it's not nice. I wish we had a profanity filter, but our forum platform just doesn't have that feature. All we can do is delete posts as we catch them and ban users if necessary. 

At least you have the luxury of avoiding certain threads if you choose, but we employees are here to help, even if the customer is using mild language. They're just frustrated and want help, the least we can do is reach out to them. If they don't want to work with us towards a resolution and just want to raise a stink, then we get rid of them.

I hope you understand where we're coming from.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Thanks for your reply Liz, but I'm not referring specifically to the customer.  That customer did not use the F bomb (as it is known), until Bill instigated it by using that word to address the customer.  If you read before that post from Bill, others were indeed attempting to calm the customer down and help them.  Bill posts so many good things, why does he get a free pass for this ugly behavior toward someone who is already very upset and needed that like another hole in the head?  I know we don't have filters, and I know, unfortunately, you have to read the posts to address the issues, but it seems nobody is feeling very threatened when someone who takes up for Hughes is allowed to speak anyway they wish.  I read where someone, a period of time ago, asked for a report button to be placed on the posts.  That sounds like a great idea.  I have seen it used in many other forums.  The person being offended simply hits the report button and you get the report of everything you need to read.  Liz, that sort of language is very offensive and a real turnoff to those of us who read here regularly.  I hope Hughes will do the right thing and make it possible for us to address these things directly.  Wouldn't this be easier than you having to find the post yourself?  We would simply direct you to it.

Good morning cuddlebug,

I appreciate your concern, you're not the only one. I did contact Bill yesterday about his tone and told him to take it down several notches. 

That *is* a good idea to have a report button to alert us to questionable posts. I'll check if someone has already made that suggestion to GetSatisfaction and jump on that bandwagon or get it rolling.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Thanks Liz, not trying to cause an issue, but if it is against the rules, and offensive, I just have to speak up. 

No worries, cuddlebug, we welcome all feedback!

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz