cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please explain Data usage

Highlighted
Sophomore

Please explain Data usage

I just downloaded a large file and carefully watched status meter and made sure there was no other activity on my internet. I started off with 40.1GB of Data, Downloaded 21.8Gb and now HT1100 System Control Center says I have 15.3 Left. I have noticed this in the past with large files. What gives? I am not a new customer trying to get out  of a contract. I have been with Hughes for a long time.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Please explain Data usage

Hi Bob,

Thanks for posting. We can't tell what exactly used your data, so you may want to look into using this third-party data monitoring program that can.

Community members have suggested and used GlassWire, so feel free to ask them for tips on using it: https://www.glasswire.com

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Assistant Professor

Upload also counts on Gen4 so depending what exactly you were downloading there could have been significant uploading also going on. May also have things downloading/uploading in the background that you aren't aware of.

Torrent downloading often shares part of what you have downloaded to others by uploading it back to them.
Sophomore

This was a direct download from steam. No data upload. I am not a nube to data usage and my system firewall is monitored carefully. The  Hughes Status meter is not providing correct info on large downloads.