Please explain Data usage

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob5
Sophomore

Please explain Data usage

I just downloaded a large file and carefully watched status meter and made sure there was no other activity on my internet. I started off with 40.1GB of Data, Downloaded 21.8Gb and now HT1100 System Control Center says I have 15.3 Left. I have noticed this in the past with large files. What gives? I am not a new customer trying to get out  of a contract. I have been with Hughes for a long time.
3 REPLIES 3
Liz

Hi Bob,

Thanks for posting. We can't tell what exactly used your data, so you may want to look into using this third-party data monitoring program that can.

Community members have suggested and used GlassWire, so feel free to ask them for tips on using it: https://www.glasswire.com

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Upload also counts on Gen4 so depending what exactly you were downloading there could have been significant uploading also going on. May also have things downloading/uploading in the background that you aren't aware of.

Torrent downloading often shares part of what you have downloaded to others by uploading it back to them.
Bob5
Sophomore

This was a direct download from steam. No data upload. I am not a nube to data usage and my system firewall is monitored carefully. The  Hughes Status meter is not providing correct info on large downloads.