Hughesnet Community

Please mail me the return kit so I can return the equipment before the end of this month.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vkendrickt

Please mail me the return kit so I can return the equipment before the end of this month.

I had hughesnet installed on Dec. 1st. I called on the night of December 18 to request cancellation of service because I have not been able to use it Effectively; it's extremely slow. After numerous calls and test, my case was escalulated to advanced tech support and the installer returned to realign the satellite. Problem was not resolved after several more support calls and attempts to get case escalated. Long story short, I was able to get a cancellation confirmed however, I was told I would not be able to return the equipment until after the return kit is mailed to me after January 1st. I am no longer using the service and have the 3 pieces of equipment (modemn, power adapter and receiver) sitting in a box ready to be returned. I was assured by Kim, case # 101957838, that I would not incur any cancellation fees.
7 REPLIES 7
Liz

Good morning vkendrickt,

Welcome and thanks for posting. This is the standard procedure for cancellations; the return kit will already be automatically be sent to you once your service is terminated. According to your case notes, the termination will be on Jan 7, so within 5 business days from Jan 7, you will receive the prepaid lease return kit so you may return your equipment.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

vkendrickt

Why can't the termination be effective immediately, instead of Jan 7? Why wait? I'm not using the service.
Liz

Standard cancellations are always done at the end of the billing cycle. I've gone ahead and terminated your service so you should be receiving the return kit much sooner.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

vkendrickt

Why can't the termination be effective immediately, instead of Jan 7? Why wait? I'm not using the service.
Liz

This appears to be duplicate (and delayed?) message from you, but in case you didn't see my original reply to this same message:

Standard cancellations are always done at the end of the billing cycle. I've gone ahead and terminated your service so you should be receiving the return kit much sooner.

Thanks,
Liz

vkendrickt

I received an email this morning from upspostalsalesservices; I am assume they will be dropping off the kit, with instructions, on Friday. Thanks
Liz

Glad to hear it!

-Liz