Plummeting Speeds and Downloads that Stop

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cybercycle1
Junior

Plummeting Speeds and Downloads that Stop

I am starting a new thread relative to the thread started by Gabe so as not to continue posting my performance issues on his thread. Moving forward from my previous posts on Gabe's thread and as promised to Gabe, I am starting my own post with respect to degraded performance speeds on my Gen 5 system.  I have posted supporting information on Gabe's thread.  I have run speed tests useing the HughesNet procedures for a 22 hour period which demonstrates the variation in speeds.  This situation has made it impossible to download Apple iOS updates and may reflect problems encountered with the pathway to/from Apples download servers.  Other have noted the same problem with the Microsoft download servers.  Working backward  in time (see my test stats for the testing results over a 22 hour period).  For example, at Gabe's request, I ran tests around the 2 a.m. timeframe, but the tests would not complete, i.e. the downloads stopped. I got the initial download "burst" and then the download attempts would just stop.  They would usually stop anywhere between 25% to 55% before stopping.  I was finally able to run tests starting at 2:28 a.m. and another at 2:36 a.m. before heading back to bed. Speeds had degraded significantly and often ended when the system just stopped.  My last test was at 7 a.m. that day with further degradation of speed.  Essentially, downloads are impossible to accomplish.  Note again, all tests were run while connected directly to the HN router (I'm on Gen 5) and with strong signal strength....WiFi was turned off.   Since there have been others posting similar complaints, I believe the problems are systemic with HughesNet.

My tests can be found here: 

https://testmy.net/quickstats/cybercycle1

I am also including a spreadsheet pic of the tests completed.Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 7.53.29 AM.png

4 REPLIES 4
Remy

cybercycle1,

Thank you for posting, and the speed tests are very much appreciated! I'll have this sent up to our engineers to look at to see if there's a significant issue, and I'll hopefully get a response by the end of the day. We appreciate your patience and understanding!

Thanks,

Remy

Thanks for the response.  I believe the most troubling is when downloads just stop after the initial "burst" followed by a complete halt in downloading activity.  I hope engineering can figure this out.

cybercycle,

I got a response upon escalating, and it seems our engineers are actively working on alleviating your issues and are making progress. You should experience improved performance in the coming weeks and months. Due to the fact that we are unable to fully resolve your issue immediately, we will be discounting your HughesNet service for the next six months by $20 per month. Our goal is that you will see performance improvements long before the six months are up.

Thanks,

Remy

@Remy wrote:

cybercycle,

I got a response upon escalating, and it seems our engineers are actively working on alleviating your issues and are making progress. You should experience improved performance in the coming weeks and months. Due to the fact that we are unable to fully resolve your issue immediately, we will be discounting your HughesNet service for the next six months by $20 per month. Our goal is that you will see performance improvements long before the six months are up.

Thanks,

Remy

Thanks for the reply, Remy.  I look forward to the improvements and appreciate the monthly discount in the interim.