cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alhambra
New Poster

Poor Connection 40% Packet Loss

I have had a poor connection lately.

System Control Center COnnectivity Test shows 40% packet loss.

SCC has been showing errors:

12.1.12 -- A transmit problem has occurred

30.1.1 Web acceleration connection in backoff state

Receive Signal Strength is 105

I have over 8 Gig of allowance left. Mostly because it is unusable. Took me almost 24 minutes just to post this message.

2 REPLIES 2
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@alhambra

The reps will definitely help you, but they aren't normally on here on the weekends.  They're primarily on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.  

In the meantime, please make sure that the coax cable connector at the back of the HughesNet modem is finger tight.  It doesn't need to be tighter than this, but it shouldn't be loose.  Also, if your HughesNet modem is plugged into a power strip or surge protector, try plugging it directly into an outlet to see if it makes any difference.  

Also, if you don't already, it would be a good idea to leave your HughesNet modem plugged in so that when the reps are back they can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment if they deem it necessary.  

Amanda

Hi alhambra,

Thank you for reaching out to us in the community. I've located your account and will be running diagnostics. Just so I have a good reference point to compare to, could you let me know around what date you began noticing this problem?

~Amanda