cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Customer Experience

Poor Customer Experience

Not really sure if this message will help but at this point we are running out of options. We have been having problems with our service for quite some time. The internet speed is abysmal and in some ways completely unusable. We have contacted support on a number of occasions hoping to get the issue resolved but unfortunately that has yet to happen.

It was recommended by a representative that we upgrade to business class service to receive a boost in speed. Our speed prior to upgrading to business class was around 0.13 Mbps down which is quite frankly terrible. After upgrading to business class our speed has increased to a whopping 0.47 Mbps which is very far off from the speeds we were told that we would receive. We have tested the connection using several different devices both through our router and directly connected to the Hughesnet modem. The performance, or lack thereof, is the same no matter how it is connected.

This location is 5 hours from where we live. It is not possible for someone to be at this location at all times nor is it possible for us to make frequent trips there. Although we are not always as the location, when we are there, we need the internet service to work correctly.

We even had an IT company come in to evaluate the situation and they have confirmed that the problem is indeed with the internet service and not any internal networking equipment. We also made a special 5 hour trip to this location last Thursday to run some tests with a Hughesnet technician over the phone. After running the tests even the technician conceded that there was a problem with the service. The technician said they would check some things and then contact us back.

After driving 5 hours back home we called support again only to have them say that they wanted us to drive back to the location and rerun the same tests again. When we asked why the tests that we just ran with the technician were insufficient we were told that the test data was “old”. That’s right, the data from the tests that we just ran the day prior was too old. The absurdity of that statement is mind boggling. The technician simply refused to do any more at this point.

The problem with this service has been ongoing. We have spent numerous hours on the phone with a number of different representatives and still have terrible service. The only thing that has changed is our monthly service bill which is now almost double after switching to business class yet we still have the same painfully slow internet speed. This doesn’t include the hundreds of dollars spent on equipment or the money spent for a third party IT company to come out and evaluate our problems. It also doesn’t include the cost of gas to drive 5 hours to the location to run some tests with a Hugesnet technician or the money lost by having to take a day off work to make the 5 hour trip.

There are simply no words to describe how frustrating this experience has been. We have dealt with other ISPs in the past and this is without a doubt the worst customer service that we have ever encountered. We don’t think that it’s too much to ask to receive the service that we are paying for. We don’t think that it is too much to ask to for Hughesnet to send out a tech to evaluate the problem when that service isn’t working.

Unfortunately is seems that absolutely nobody wants to help get this problem resolved. This is the worst customer experience that we have ever had and we are truly disgusted.

Case Number: 447-509-91

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Poor Customer Experience

Good morning Rease,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I'm very sorry to hear your experience hasn't been very good so far, we want to address your concerns. We've already passed your case and e-mail to our SME department for further investigation. Once we have any updates for you, we will post back.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hello Liz,

Thank you for looking into this for me.

Rease

Hi Rease,

I understand we reached out to you today by phone to address your concerns and that you won't be on site for troubleshooting until December 2. When would be the best time to call to pick back up and troubleshoot with you and your IT on site?

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi Liz,

We should be on site tomorrow around 10:00 - 10:30. Thanks again.

Rease

Good morning Rease,

Thank for for this update. We have already notified our SME department of your availability on site. 

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz