Port Forward

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glassman

Port Forward

Hello, 
I was wanting to host a web server for personal use.
Is there any way i can port forward to host it?
11 REPLIES 11
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

No. Here is someone whose tried it all:  https://jacksontech.net/index.php/articles/hughesnet-networking-faq/

Basically, you are pretty much invisible to the internet except within the Hughes network. VPN is about the only way around it and even that is shaky depending on setup.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Aside from the fact it's not possible thanks to CGN, you would be in violation of your contract, as well as the Acceptable Use Policy, both are located and can be read at http://legal.hughesnet.com 
Chris11
Alum

Hi glassman,

Thanks for posting and welcome! That is a great question, however as mentioned it is not plausible while using our service and should not be attempted due to contractual agreements. If you have anymore questions or concerns feel free to let us know.

Thank you,
Chris
glassman

@Chris even with the buessniss account?
glassman

Why can they be open? I got a game called farming simualtor, And to host a LAN server you also have to have a internet connection to verify a player, And i cannot host the LAN server since the ports are blocked, Meaning i cannot play on my other LAN computers is there anyway this can be fixed?
glassman

As far as ports, Hughesnet only blocks port 25 traffic now, the rest are open and clear.

Thats what you said on this post:

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/ddns-lorex-video-camera-system-port-forwarding-po...
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

The ports are not blocked(aside from port 25), you just can't forward.

Do your self a favor and read up on CGN, Private vs Public IPv4, as well as IPv4 exhaustion.  You will then see why you can't host anything on Hughesnet.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor
Chris11
Alum

Hi glassman,

Yes as Charles mentioned, it applies to both.

- Chris
kash
New Poster

I was sad to come here and see that there was no solution. I am coming from Comcast. I recently moved to a rural area so now I can't get cable of any kind and the DSL is way too slow out here. With Comcast, you had what they claimed to be a dynamic public IP, but it never changed and I wasn't behind double NAT like Hughesnet. So, I was able to use the IP as an A record on GoDaddy for my web address for my private server, AND forward port 80, which they didn't even block (some ISPs block incoming requests on port 80, I just got around it by using a different port). I was even able to buy my own modem and use my own router and not use Comcast's all-in-one dummy box. It's pretty lame that Hughesnet makes it impossible to get around this and has some lame policy about not hosting anything. I have my personal music that I was streaming to my phone while I'm on travel and that was pretty much my only use for the web server. I was also able to update my server via SSH and do SOCKS5 via SSH on to get around institutional web filters. My only hope before I read this post is that maybe I could email Hughesnet and ask them to forward the appropriate ports to my Hughesnet IP out of Detroit so that I can again forward them on the router here and get through. Looks like they wouldn't do it for me, though. All I can do is pray for cable to come out here eventually.