cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Request Issue

Port Request Issue

I have been trying to successfully make a "Port Request." I have spoken to 4 different representatives regarding the process in the past 3 weeks. The first two phone reps didn't explain the process and more import didn't provide the website for me to make the port request. The third representative at least gave me the website explaining the port request process. The fourth representative finally walked me through process and assisted me in making the port request. He also explained that the customer must make the request and that HughesNet was not legally able to initiate the request. Hopefully, I have performed the actions required on my end and I should be towards the end of the "10 day waiting period." The situation has been very frustrating.
Call Center: Communication with the call center representatives is heavily scripted and challenging.
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Port Request Issue

Hi Perry,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear this, I'll be sure to send your feedback to our call center manager. We appreciate your feedback and will use this to help improve our service to the HughesNet community. I'm glad that you've already submitted your port request; I pulled up your account and see that the request was submitted 11/17/2015, so yes, 10 business days from then the number will be ported over.

If you have any other concerns, feel free to let us know here in the community, we're here to help.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Re: Port Request Issue

Thank you Liz! I eagerly await the successful port request.
Regards, Perry