Port forwarding error messages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jillianwolgast
Spectator

Port forwarding error messages

New customer here, just got Hughes Net two days ago for the first time ever.  From what I can gather my setup is a "Gen 5" setup - HT2000W modem/router and the newer sattelite.  

Neither my Xbox 360 nor one of my computers (Windows 7) can connect to the wireless network, giving me an error about something related to port forwarding.  Was on the phone with tech support for two hours yesterday and they were unhelpful.  

One of my computers can connect to the wireless network, however, it won't load a number of programs that require an internet connection (Steam, Skype, Kindle for PC, and a program I use for work called Chamsys, to name a few) saying there's no internet connection.  I can load most web pages fine on the computer that will connect. 

Anyone else have this same issue and have a fix for it? I'm starting to really regret getting Hughes Net.  I use my Xbox as a Netflix machine and I'm throughly annoyed it can't connect to the network.  

4 REPLIES 4
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Never seen Win7 complain about port forwarding issues when it's just trying to connect to a wifi network.  Can you get us a screenshot of the error?

Also, have you tried rebooting your modem to see if that clears the issues?

Also, what model Wifi adapter is your computer using?

Liz

Hi Jillian,

Thank you for your patience while our engineers work to address your concerns. Please try the steps here and let me know if they help.

Looking forward to hearing back.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

tamzemp
Freshman

Were you able to solve your connection issue? Please post if you did, because many of us can't connect our Xbox 360...

Hi tamzemp,

I've replied to your original thread here, please check it out.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!