Hughesnet Community

Porting my landline number

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CraneMD

Porting my landline number

The Hughes website indicates on at least four different screens that one is able to port a landline number to the Hughes.  Not the case for us.  No good explanatation, and they won't let us out of our contract that started when we signed up for the phone.

2 REPLIES 2
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Hello CraneMD, the sites I check had this disclaimer towards the bottom of the page:

Capture.JPG

Sometimes the telephone exchange that owns the number can not, or will not, port the number over to HughesNet. It is out of their control in such cases.

Liz

Hi CraneMD,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I'm glad to see a fellow HughesNet subscriber has jumped in to help. To add on to BirdDog's post, we also state this in our FAQ:

https://www.hughesnet.com/frequently-asked-questions

Can I choose my own phone number or keep a number I already have?

If you qualify for a local number: Yes, when you register for HughesNet Voice you may either select a new telephone number or transfer an existing, preferred telephone number to your HughesNet Voice account through a process called “porting.” There is no additional charge to you for placing a porting request; however, once a porting request is placed, it cannot be canceled by Hughes. If you change providers and want to carry the same number with you, you will need to submit a new porting request through your new provider.

If you did NOT qualify for a local number: You can choose a new non-local telephone number across the continental United States, but you may not port your existing local number to HughesNet.

Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page, for I will PM you to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!