Possible solution to the complaints about blocked emails

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkJFine
Professor

Possible solution to the complaints about blocked emails

Doing some research in the process of building a 2-tiered spam blocker based upon the IP-blocks of known spamhauses.

An email marketing HughesNet happened to fall into my 'trap' that was bulk-sent through Salesforce/ExactTarget.

Just so happens that the IP (13.111.30.79, mta.mailfromhughes.com) is also registered under spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net.

I'd highly recommend not using ExactTarget for bulk email if you want to stay off the dnsbls.

If it makes anyone feel better, I've trapped an email from the IEEE Radar group, also using ExactTarget. So it's more a reflection of the method than the subject or company being represented.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
2 REPLIES 2
Amanda

Hi Mark

This is really good feedback. We're still doing some really deep investigations into this issue and I will put it on our table as a discussion point. We appreciate the helpful hand!

Thank you

Amanda

@Amanda

Not a problem, glad to help where I can.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.