cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibly need dish moved

Highlighted

Possibly need dish moved

Can I contact Hughes net to check to see if my dish needs to be moved in order to pick up WiFi signal
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Re: Possibly need dish moved

Yes. Click on Contact Us at the top of these pages for options.  You can also provide more details here and the HughesNet reps on this site will get back to you within a day or two.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@bhm1104 

If there is an area of your home that is not receiving an adequate WiFi signal you have the option of using a WiFi extender/booster or your own 3rd party router with a stronger WiFi signal than the HughesNet HT2000W modem.  HughesNet does sell their own WiFi booster, which is specifically designed to work with the HT2000W modem, and it extends the WiFi signal in one general direction.

For reference, 2.4GHz WiFi has better range than 5GHz WiFi, but it's more susceptible to interference and can be slower.

If the HughesNet HT2000W modem needs to be moved to a different location of your home to more centrally emit the WiFi signal, they may be able to extend the existing coax cable or install a longer run of coax from the dish to allow this, but it's very likely that this is something you'd have to pay for.

If you're having an issue with the internet itself, the reps on this Support Community can very likely run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment to see if anything is amiss.  They can also likely tell you how strong the WiFi signal is to your devices.  They are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  The usually respond within a working day, so you should see a reply from one tomorrow, though if they're very busy it can take them a little longer.

If you'd rather call customer service, you can reach them at 866-347-3292.  The hold time may be extensive, however, due to the pandemic.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted

bhm1104,

I see it's your first post here, welcome to the Community! I was able to get your account pulled up so I could look into whether you were having any glaring issues, however it seems everything looks to be running properly on the surface. I see a couple devices including an iPad and Galaxy S8 have been connected recently, and their signal seems to be good as well. Can you please provide us some details in regards to the issues you're experiencing? We'd love to help out!

Thanks,

Remy