HughesNet Community

Potential New Customer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kristen Moran

Potential New Customer

I am looking at internet options and considering HughesNet as it is one of our limited options. I have a few questions in trying to make my decision. Is there a trial period if we are not satisfied after install? I understand the advertised speeds are "up to" that amount, but how often and a what times do speeds actually reach 15M down? I also see a lot of recent posts about data usage when no devices are connected. How does everyone typically avoid this? Thank you.
37 REPLIES 37
Kristen Moran

Hi, It is 29431 (Bonneau, SC)
Chris11
Alum

Hi Kristen,

Glad we could be of assistance. 

- Chris
ketchikanmd

Unless I'm reading my usage wrong, we are having no problems with Hughesnet internet.   I'm on the computer a lot, surfing, etc. and still have 83% of my allowance left and I only have a week-ish till the month is over.  So far so good. 🙂
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

HughesNet has redesigned their web site, and the Retailer Locator Function appears to be broken. It doesn't work for any number of ZIP Codes (including my own, 95667, and I'm a HughesNet Retailer 🙂

Liz, Amanda, Chris, can you make sure this gets passed along to the developers pronto?

https://www.hughesnet.com/get-started/how-to-buy/find-dealer
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Liz

Will do, Alan. Thanks!

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

rgm12355

I could have designed it better. 🙂
Liz

Ooh, got a quick reply on this one. So the devs were already alerted to this. This site requires a full address to properly work, so the site will be updated to make that clear to the user.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

I could have designed it better. 🙂
Me, too.

As a Retailer with a listing on there, I'm pretty unhappy about what they did. The listings now come up in no particular order (such as nearest first, or even alphabetically). And the top HughesNet Retailers (Gold, Ruby, Diamond) are no longer identified as such. A search on our own address listed us dead last out of 19 Retailers.

Bad for Customers - Heap Bad for Tribe.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

I tried my address and it gave me four in a 50 mile radius, though, like you said, they aren't in any discernable order, except maybe by phone number.  My closest one was listed second to last, and it's considerably closer than the other three. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
tponder2016
New Poster

HERE IS WHAT I HAVE GONE THRU MAYBE THIS WILL HELP.  WHEN I CALLED ABOUT GETTING HUGHES NET I WAS QUOTED A PRICE OF 39.99 A MO.  AND I WAS TOLD THAT THE AGENT COULD LOCK THAT PRICE IN FOR 24 MOS.  NOW I HAD THE INSTALL ON 11-15-2016 AND THE INSTALL FINISHED AT APPOX. 5:30PM.  
SO IB GET ON THE SYSTEM AND WHAT DO I SEE I NEED TO PAY ALMOST 80.00 SO I START CALLING AND I AM TOLD THAT I HAVE THIS AND THAT AND MY MO. CHG IS 59.00? A MO,  WELL THIS IS NOT THE PRICE I WAS GIVEN AND I DID NOT ASK FOR A BUNCH OF STUFF I DO NOT NEED.  NOW I HAVE MADE ALMOST 15 CALL IN THE LAST 24 HRS BUT NO ONE CAN SEE WHAT I HAVE SEEN BY GOING IN TO LOOK AT THE PLANS AND THERE IT IS GEN 4 HIGH SPEED INTERNET FOR 39.99/MO AND IT IS OFFERED IN MY ZIP CODE.  NOW YOU WOULD THINK THAT IT WOULD BE EASY ENOUGH TO GET THIS TAKEN CARE OF BECAUSE IF I CAN SEE THE PLAN AND PRICE IN MY ZIP CODE THEY MUST BE ABLE TO.  WRONG!!!!! IN AM ALSO IN A VERY LIMITED AREA OF SERVICE BUT I AM BEGINNING TO WONDER IF I REALLY  NEED THE INTERNET.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I DIDN'T READ BECAUSE ALL CAPS! DON'T LIKE YELLING!
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

tponder2016,

If you go to http://my.hughesnet.com/ and sign in, you can look at your invoices.  Under "Billing", click on "View Invoice" in the "Current Invoice" box.  When the invoice pops up, scroll to the bottom and click on "View Site Details" on the bottom left.  This will give you a breakdown of exactly what you are paying for on your invoice. 

Conversely, a slightly less broken down option would be to, after singing in and clicking on "Billing", click on "View Recurring Charges" in the bottom of the center, bottom box.  This will give you a basic look at your recurring charges.  It won't show taxes and such, but will show your plan fee, lease fee, and whatever else that is charged on a monthly, recurring basis. 

Lastly, as referred to by BirdDog, caps are considered yelling.  Please refrain from using all caps in the future. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

From that phone number, I'm guessing you bought through an independent HughesNet sales agent who might have "stuffed" your order with other things like Express Repair, Zone Alarm, and PC Essentials. You'll see all that when you check your order like Gabe pointed out above. These you can cancel.

There most likely is also a $9.99 monthly equipment lease fee. You would know you were on a lease if you got free installation didn't have to pay $300 upfront for install and equipment. That's normal.

You should have $39.99/mo. service fee plus $9.99/mo. lease fee plus $1~$2 in sales tax per month.

If you ordered a wireless router, that would have been $99 upfront. If you oprdered HughesNet Voice Telephone service, that would be $19.99/mo for the first three months, then $29.99/mo. thereafter.
Amanda

Hi tponder2016,

I've responded to your thread here https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/what-does-it-take-to-get-someone-who-knows-what-t...

Gabe & El Dorado - can you repost your responses in that thread? They are really helpful.

Thanks
Amanda
Liz

Hi Gabe and Alan,

This is great feedback, I'll send this over too. Thank you!

-Liz

El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

I also sent this issue to our HN Sales Team; Scott Maloney and Dan Reno.
Liz

Great! Good move, Alan. Thanks.

-Liz