Hughesnet Community

Power and wifi lights

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Etnbullets

Power and wifi lights

The only lights on my modem are the power and wifi lights. I cannot access the system control center. I have checked the cables and restarted thw modem Repeatedly. I was told they would send a technition out in 5 to 7 days. This is a joke right. I am paying for the repair service and the expidited one at that.
6 REPLIES 6

@Etnbullets wrote:
The only lights on my modem are the power and wifi lights. I cannot access the system control center. I have checked the cables and restarted thw modem Repeatedly. I was told they would send a technition out in 5 to 7 days. This is a joke right. I am paying for the repair service and the expidited one at that.

I learned years ago not to let any provider ( Hughes, DirecTV, DishTV )  choose your tech company for you.  I found a local  tech company twenty miles away, that's very good, and licensed to work on just about anything. They also show up on the same day or at least by the next day.  They weren't chosen to do the original installation for any of my systems , but were reccommended by a neighborhood friend.  Now when I have a problem I don't even contact the original provider, I just call them.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

According to the express service repair contract, they should send a technician out the second business day (if you pay for the basic plan), or the next business day (if you pay for premium).  If you call after 1 pm, that adds another day.  They also don't work on holidays such as Memorial Day.   

Before you consider questionable advice as to hiring other companies to conduct repairs, remember that only Hughesnet-certified techs are allowed to work on your system. Hiring someone who is not a HN-certified tech goes against the service contract and could end up costing you more money in the long run. 

Etnbullets wrote:

@maratsade wrote:

Before you consider questionable advice as to hiring other companies to conduct repairs, remember that only Hughesnet-certified techs are allowed to work on your system.

Questionable advice?   Perhaps I didn't make my meaning clear enough, I didn't recommend that he hire a non Hughesnet-certified company to do the repairs.  There's plenty of licensed ( Hughesnet-certified ) companys to choose from, and IMO Hughes or any other provider doesn't always choose from the available companies  wisely.  They certainly didn't in my case.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Etnbullets 

If you ask, they may offer some type of discount for not only the inconvenience of having to wait for that amount of time, but also for the fact that you have no access during that time.  As well, the reps here may reply when they're back in the office on Tuesday, as I believe they're off for the holiday.  

Regarding what's been said about searching for one's own technician, if you choose to do this, and if you are still in the midst of your subscriber agreement, it is very important to verify with HughesNet proper that any technician you find is, in fact, authorized to perform the work for you, even if that tech is authorized to work on HughesNet equipment, and even if that tech tells you that working on your equipment will be fine.  This should be done regardless, but again, especially if you are still in the subscriber agreement, as someone working on your equipment that is not authorized to do so can cause even more problems, and more headaches, including financially related ones, than it's worth.  Just because an outfit is authorized to work on HughesNet equipment doesn't mean they're authorized to work on yours, so you should always check.

Damian

Hello @Etnbullets,

Thank you posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear there may be a delay with your appointment. In an attempt to review your account information, I see that the username you are posting under has an email address registered to an account that has been canceled. Since I am sure you are referring to an active account, please private message me the phone number associated. Once I have this information, I will look into the details regarding the appointment time frame.

-Damian 

@Etnbullets,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please private message me the information requested and I will look into this issue.

-Damian