Prevent pausing of streaming videos.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlwy3k
New Poster

Prevent pausing of streaming videos.

How is the pausing of streaming videos stoped?

dlw

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Are you referring to videos buffering, or are you referring to the Video Data Saver?

dlwy3k wrote:

How is the pausing of streaming videos stoped?

dlw

I have not idea about the question

Youtube videos are usually what I watch.

maratsade

OK, so what you are saying is that when you watch the videos, they don't stream smoothly, that they stop and go a lot?  

dlwy3k wrote:

I have not idea about the question

Youtube videos are usually what I watch.

Yes, stop and go.

Pausing.

maratsade

• I'm not sure if you'll be able to improve the viewing experience, because with all the people working  and studying from home and using the net at the same time, congestion and slowdowns are the norm.  
  • Satellite internet has only a limited amount of bandwidth, so when so many people are trying to use it at the same time, the internet slows down for all of us. 
  • Also, HughesNet has given priority, during these pandemic times, to work and education apps, sites, and platforms, and so streaming has taken a backseat, which means videos will be slow. 
  • YouTube may be slower than other sites; it has had issues latetly (I don't know why, maybe it has to do with everyone clogging the net)
  • All of these things combined may make it hard for you to watch a video without all the buffering (that's the pausing, stop and go jerky action)
  • This is especially true if you're trying to watch a video during the time when many other people are online.  The video might work at 5 am, but come 5 pm, it will likely not work very well, or at all.

Thank you.

dlw