cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fallteeth
New Poster

Printer offline

Hello,

My HP 5530 is connected wireless to Gen 5 router, but won't go online. It worked with my Linksys 2500. Any thoughts?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

When I try to print from PC. It did before Gen 5 router was installed last Sunday.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Is your computer also connected through the HT2000w, or is there a router between the computer and HT2000w?  You may need to set the printer on the computer up again (rerun the installation software) since it is now on a different network than before.

1: Is the computer directly attached to the HT2000w? Yes/No
2: The printer is connected to the HT2000w Wifi? Yes/No
3: What Operating System is the computer using? Win10, Win8.1, Win7, or an Apple OS?

Computer is ethernet wired to the router. Operating system is Windows 8.1

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Yeah, I highly suggest downloading the latest drivers from HP, and do a reinstall.  Unless @BirdDog or @Gwalk900 know how to change the printer properties in Win8 to match the IP address of your printer on the new wifi network. I also suggest reading over the users guide to see if it has any information about connecting your computer back to it.

Make sure you remove your printer from Devices and Printers before trying to do a reinstall.

HP ENVY 5530 e-All-in-One Printer Users Guide

10-4 I will do that.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

On my Brother printer I can look at the WiFi settings on the printer screen and see the address assigned, then go to Printers and Devices in Windows and force a connection by adding it. Have had to do that several times over the years.

Same problem with my HP Officejet Pro 8625 (wireless connection) but mine started with the installation of my new Netgear R6400 wifi router.  It wasn't immediate tho.  Then it went off-line again after the Gen 5 update.  Run the HP Print and Scan Dr and download the lastest software from HP.

Printer works with USB to PC connection, but not wireless.