cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Accessing and Staying On Hughes Home Page

Problem Accessing and Staying On Hughes Home Page

I have been a Hughes' customer since January 2007 and have been using Gen4 for over two years. For the most part I have had good experiences with Hughes.

However, for some time now I have been getting error messages when I am on the Hughes Home Page and I lose my connection to it. But I can still access other websites. I contacted Hughes customer services in the past just recently did so. Here is that case number: 47896646. I thought the problem was fixed today but it has returned.

Here is the error message I often get:

ERROR The requested URL could not be retrieved. The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL: http://home.myhughesnet.com/ Connection to 208.47.184.70 failed. The system returned: (110) Connection timed out. The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again. Your cache administrator is root.  There is a reference to "Squid". 

I can usually get back on the Hughes Home Page by signing off and then signing back on and even this will not work every time. Sometimes I can turn off the Web Accelerator and this will allow me to return to the Home Page, but this doesn't always work.  I would appreciate any assistance in fixing this problem.

Thanks.

Steve Kroenke
1 REPLY 1
Alum

Re: Problem Accessing and Staying On Hughes Home Page

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting with a recent case number. I'm sorry to hear this, however I'm sure we can help. I have a few questions to help us better address your concerns:

Are you experiencing this using different browsers?
Are your browsers up to date?  
Have you tried deleting cookies, browsing history, and clearing your browser cache? 
Also, are you performing any downloads or have any other programs running on your computer when this happens?
Finally, what happens when you navigate to http://customercare.myhughesnet.com/ and click on the Gen4 login button?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer these questions for us. We look forward to your reply.