Hughesnet Community

Problem....Mail STILL NOT SENDING using either port 587 OR 25. Other thread closed?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KarenKlomparens
New Poster

Problem....Mail STILL NOT SENDING using either port 587 OR 25. Other thread closed?

This is the problem and original thread,  https://community.hughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/problem-mail-quit-sending-7-days-ago?utm_source=not...

This morning I tried to send email from outlook, and it timed out after 5 minutes.  SO I thought I would try PORT 587 like LIZ said I needed to use as the outgoing setting.

PORT 587 DOES NOT WORK TO SEND MAIL EITHER.

So I opened another thread for this because the other was closed and the issue IS NOT FIXED.
I need HUGHES (or whatever company they use to filter spam)  to not flag my stuff as spam.  Thank you.
12 REPLIES 12
Liz

Hi Karen,

Thanks for posting and clarifying that port 587 didn't seem to work, let's troubleshoot. 

Please go here and click on the envelope icon in the top right corner of the page to log into the HughesNet webmail interface: http://my.hughesnet.com/myaccount

From the HughesNet webmail interface, please compose a new e-mail and send a test e-mail to us at communitysupport@hughes.com.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

KarenKlomparens
New Poster

Liz,  confused here...you want me to troubleshoot in a program I never use?   On a small laptop and last I looked at the webmail that hughes has the header took up 1/3 of the page making the program unusable for me.  Even if it works there I won't be using it so why test it there?  My problem is when sending from outlook.   When using gmail it still works in/out using port 25.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Sorry to jump in but port 25 is no longer supported due to security issues. Gmail can do what they want but HughesNet email doesn't permit port 25.

My outgoing server setting:

KarenKlomparens
New Poster

It doesn't work using 587 from outlook either.
Liz

Hi Karen,

Thanks for the e-mails. The purpose of that bit of troubleshooting is to narrow our focus. We received your test e-mails as sent from HughesNet webmail and Gmail. This tells us that HughesNet webmail works fine, as does Gmail. There was no 3rd e-mail from Outlook, as you indicated in your test e-mails, so that leads me to think we should focus our troubleshooting on Outlook as the main cause for concern.

Which version of Outlook are you using? If you're using Outlook 2007, Outlook 2003, or Outlook 2002, please try these steps here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/286040

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Good morning Karen,

I see we've received "email test #3" that you sent 1/6/17 at 9:45 PM; oddly we received this at 10:16 AM today. 

So I have a few more questions before I escalate this to our e-mail admins:

-Since you cc'd your HN email on that test email, did you receive it there in a timely manner?

-I received "email test #3", which you noted would be from your Outlook. Can you please confirm that you're able to send emails now from Outlook?

-Can you please send another test email from webmail to that community support email and then post here to confirm that you've sent it?  Just now I sent a test email from my webmail to the support email and a gmail account and it was received normally at both accounts. I wonder if email test #3 being delayed to today was a fluke. Regardless, I'm letting our email admins know what happened.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Thanks,
Liz

I had a similar problem with sending emails in Outlook. (Windows 10 & Outlook 2007) After struggling to get tech help from HughesNet, I came to this page. I tried to switch to port 587 and my emails went out. I just want to give another data point. Young

KarenKlomparens
New Poster

Hi Liz,  I attempted to send myself a few pages today using Outlook.  I had about 10 emails from 2 weeks ago still in the Outlook outbox from previous failed attempts.  Today it worked using port 25.  It has done this in the past...fails but eventually works at some point sending all.  I do it this way because it is a ONE CLICK on the email button on firefox which is configured to use OUTLOOK.  Faster the composing mail in my gmail account doing a copy/paste, and way faster than the mail interface that hughes offers (which has a header ad taking up 1/3 of the page on a small laptop).   Yes I got a copy of test # 3 at 10:15, but saw it sending when I sent pages today.
I believe it is caused by spam filters used by whatever company hughes contracts with like someone explained earlier.  No other reason makes sense to me because when I get going I tend to send quite a bit to myself to read later and it probably trips some spam alert at hughes or the company you use for filtering mail. 
KarenKlomparens
New Poster

I have to catch up with work since we were gone last week.  Not dealing with this right now.  Just wanted to answer you a minute.
Liz

OK, so no, you did not receive email #3 in a timely manner, as it also arrived for you today at 10:15, I'm just trying to get a clear picture of what is happening.

E-mail #3 was received when you opened up Outlook today and sent email, have you sent email from Outlook since Jan 6?

You say you click an email button in Firefox which is configured to use Outlook. Can you please let me more about this process? Is this an extension you've added to your Firefox browser? Is this how you always send mail via Outlook?

-Liz

Liz

No worries, we can go at your pace.

-Liz

n2u4good
New Poster

Oh, oh!  You must have written something that Hughesnet tech support people in India, the Philipines, or Mexico don't like.  I have yet to get them to respond to anything I send, in any format other than NO-RESPOND email.  They are terrible, but likely underpaid.

Fortunately I purchased on-site technical support.  The tech support people not only speak English, they are local, and informed me they are availailable via real email, and real phone calls.  They actually showed up per-schedule.  

Too bad the rest of Hughesnet isn't like the local people, who listen, and who nrespond, in person..... not via software programmed to put us on-hold for hours or days.

Jim