Hughesnet Community

Problem....Mail quit sending 7 days ago.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KarenKlomparens
New Poster

Problem....Mail quit sending 7 days ago.

I haven't changed any settings for my mail, but it stopped sending emails a week ago when I use hughes.   If I use gmail account it works, only having issues when sending from hughes account.   I use outlook, never use the web mail provided by hughes since it is horribly slow and the top third of the page is a hughes header.  What has changed recently that would cause this?
24 REPLIES 24
KarenKlomparens
New Poster

Makes you wonder sometimes if they really read your posts.  Why would I change to 587 AFTER the emails went through and ....why was the fact it worked not acknowledged making the issue of IS IT 25 or 587 even more confusing.
desertphile
Spectator

"I changed NOTHING...not the email address, not the settings and it finally worked on port 25.  I will NOT change anything since it did finally send them."
I have been working in Information Technology for almost 30 years, 12 of them at Baxter Healthcare as the Internet admin. When HughesNet told my all three of my computers just magically, all together, by themselves changed their email port number while I was sleeping I was forced to conclude they are ignorant about how their servers work.

By the way, the problem was with FortiNet, and FortiNet reset their FortiMail flags after hundreds of people bitched and complained. Customer Support at HughesNet does not even know their emails go through the FortiMail gateway. They only follow scripts, and cannot deviate from those scripts.

Worse, HughesNet customer support think I am the one who does not know how their servers work, so they ignored me when I explained to them where the problem was / will again be. They have learned nothing; it will happen again, and when customers complain, they will again tell their customers to "try this port" and "it's your email client" even though it will still be a HughesNet server problem.
desertphile
Spectator

".... why was the fact it worked not acknowledged making the issue of IS IT 25 or 587 even more confusing."

One reason is because HughesNet Customer Support is using obsolete information themselves. Their systems have changed a bit in the past 16 years, and their help pages are over a decade old and have not been updated to match current requirements--- their on-line support pages are growing more wrong, telling customers they must use what are now incorrect settings.

My customers and I are looking for an alternative satellite internet provider. When I was forced to explain to HughesNet how their own servers work, that told me it is time to abandon them.

Any bets this comment will be deleted as "spam?"
Liz

Good morning Karen,

That's quite unusual for an email client to work sending HughesNet email since the only port we block is port 25. However, if your email works, then that's wonderful for you.

Enjoy your weekend!

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!