cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem: Need service call - Repost for Stephen

Problem: Need service call - Repost for Stephen

I tried calling phone support and got disconnected 3 times in an hour (every time I was put on hold). Either they have a shotty phone system or they are intentionally hanging up to "clear" calls.

Either way I need a service tech to come out. Monday we had a bad storm and I think it knocked my dish out of alignment. I waited until now just to make sure. I have low signal strength and no incoming or outgoing transmissions.
I've tried rebooting modem, unscrewing and rescrewing the coaxial cable. I've check the dish for obstructions, it's clear.
Below is the info from my system control page:

Name: Stephen Strevig
SAN: XXXXXX

State Code 11.2.1 - A problem receiving data has occurred
Summary Operational State Down
Data Allowance Remaining N/A
System Status
Satellite Receive Status
Down (11.2.1)
Satellite Transmit Status
Down (12.2.1)
LAN Status Up 2 FD
IP Gateway Association State Not Associated
TCP Acceleration Down
Web Acceleration Up
Suspension State Not Suspended
Software Download Status Updating
WAN Info
Satellite Receive Signal Strength 14
Data Packets Received 0
Control Packets Received 0
Bursts Transmitted 0
Packets Transmitted 0

Please pass on to corporate that I will never, ever use phone support again.

Forgot to mention I'm available all day Thursday, until 2:30pm Friday, all day Saturday and all day Monday,

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Problem: Need service call - Repost for Stephen

Good morning Stephen,

We removed your original post because it included your site ID SAN number. But, with that information we were able to read the notes and run diagnostics on the site and confirm that you do need an outdoor unit repair. We have created the order with the Express Repair Premium service and a repair technician will be contacting you on your site telephone number ending in 92. Also, we can see that there were dropped calls, the reason is undetermined, but we are checking our call center phone lines. Additionally We will apply a one month service credit to your account as well. Please report back if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you for reporting this so that we could help you,

Miles

New Poster

It's happened again today. I have no service. I don't understand it. My dish is mounted on my roof, the nearest tree is 20-30 ft away. There haven't been any bad storms or heavy winds, but it's acting like it's out of alignment again.Unfortunately this is like the third time in six months.
Here is the info I have:

System Summary

State Code11.2.1 - A problem receiving data has occurred
Summary Operational StateDown
Data Allowance RemainingN/A
System StatusSatellite Receive StatusDown (11.2.1)
Satellite Transmit StatusDown (12.2.1)
LAN StatusUp 2 FD
IP Gateway Association StateNot Associated
TCP AccelerationDown
Web AccelerationUp
Suspension StateNot Suspended
Software Download StatusUpdating

WAN Info

Satellite Receive Signal Strength10

At this point I don't know what to do. Should it be fixed again or should the dish be completely moved? If it has to be moved, how much will that cost? 
What are my options at his point?
Associate Professor

Signal of 10...  Could be bad cabling (should have been checked during the technician that visited you if he already has) or bad weather at your Gateway, but from what I can see there are no gateways with signifigant weather near them at this moment...  
New Poster

When he was out, the tech said he changed some of the connectors, but ultimately he had to realign the dish. I don't know if he actually inspected the cables.

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for reporting back. I can see that the dish is back in alignment but we are getting no communication from the modem. Please check your modem power and LAN connection. Call support at 866-347-3292 if you have issues. If you continue to experience problems after following these steps you may write back here and there may be more we can do.

I'll be looking forward to hearing from you,

Miles
New Poster

I checked the cables (that I could see) since Charles mentioned it. I couldn't see anything obvious. There are two connectors I can reach that come down from the dish and my roof along side of the house and one didn't quite look right. So I unscrewed it and screwed it back in. I checked my internet and it was back! Signal is back to 100 and all the light on the modem are on.
Thank you Miles and a big Thank you to Charles.
I'll continue monitoring everything, but it appears to have done the trick.

Hello Stephen,

That is great! Thanks for checking the cables, now let's see how it works for a few days.... Thank you Charles!

Have a good night,

Miles