Problem using Outlook

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lldl
New Poster

Problem using Outlook

Has anyone figured out why, using Outlook 2016, it starts asking for a password, but won't take it, even though it is the correct password.  Out of the blue, nothing changed on my end.  This has happened several times over the last few years.  The last time, it was because someone at Hughesnet changed something without anyone knowing, not even tech support, until I eventually was directed to a higher level of support.  Currently, it has been happening off and on for the last week.  the webmail is working fine.  It is only happening in Outlook 2016.  Checked configuration and it matches what Hughesnet specifies for the configuration.

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Have you tried contacting Microsoft?

The HN staff on this site will not be back until Monday. 

lldl wrote:

Has anyone figured out why, using Outlook 2016, it starts asking for a password, but won't take it, even though it is the correct password.  Out of the blue, nothing changed on my end.  This has happened several times over the last few years.  The last time, it was because someone at Hughesnet changed something without anyone knowing, not even tech support, until I eventually was directed to a higher level of support.  Currently, it has been happening off and on for the last week.  the webmail is working fine.  It is only happening in Outlook 2016.  Checked configuration and it matches what Hughesnet specifies for the configuration.

mkuehner
Freshman

I have been having problems with email on my phone (android), Ipad and Outlook 365.  I keep getting error messages "0x800CCC92".  Phone and ipad are a little better than Outlook but not by much.  Since it's not just Outlook that is having the problems I can only think that it is HughesNet.  I think that we just have to be patient with the problems that are going on.

Amanda

Hi mkuehner,

I just replied to a thread regarding the same thing here. A workaround in the meantime would be to access through webmail.