cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with very slow speeds

Highlighted
Freshman

Problem with very slow speeds

I have been experiencing very slow speeds for a couple days and I'm sensing a problem somewhere. I have rebooted the system, emptied cache, dumped cookies, etc. Nothing seems to make a difference. (Gen 4 - HT1100; windows 8; Google Chrome and Firefox) Browsing is difficult to say the least.
27 REPLIES 27
Freshman

Re: Problem with very slow speeds

WJA

Have you checked your system status? http://192.168.0.1/
What color is your system status button? Have you used your monthly allotment and are on SmartBrowsing?
Freshman

WJA, my system status was fine........ green light and signal strength in mid 90s and have not went over our monthly allotment; not on SmartBrowsing. 

Good morning WVmom21,

Thanks for posting, we're looking into this and will post back once we have any updates for you. Your cooperation and patience are appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi WVmom21,

After running and reviewing your site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for Saturday, Apr 18, 2015 between 8:00 AM and noon. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #47253062 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes. 

Thanks, 
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Assistant Professor

What, send an airplane up to fix it? If there really was a hardware problem with the satellite there are not many options.

Why don't you start a new post explaining your problem and ask for help instead of post bombing other peoples topics?
Freshman

Thank you, Liz.  The tech came as scheduled.  I ran a speed test yesterday evening (during prime time) and the speeds were better than when I reported the problem..  I appreciate the speedy response. 

truth? you think they have the decency to tell the truth? we are talking about people who like to tell there elderly customers that "mam you are lieing" when you tell them you only have 1 router hooked up. or there champion status helpers who say this:
New Poster

gamer madison the actual Sat. beams are not where the overloading is, the overloading is with the ground facilities (NOC) not being built out fast enough to handle the customer base, Jared the pic you posted says nothing about and elderly customer or routers, and Charles Scott is just the only one to say what we are all thinking, your not the account holder for your account and that's why they are not replying to ever little comment you make demanding they fix your connection. your lucky you've not been banned for a lot of the comments you made on here including asking people for their email address and trying to undermine the work the Mods are doing on other customers posts that you have no business commenting on so I recommend you cool it before they cancel your MOTHERS account for your actions in the community, they don't need your mother to cancel. As many times as you have stepped over the line in the community they can not only ban you they can close your mothers account and you don't have enough money for lawyers to stop them, its all in the contract she committed to by using the service and you agreed to in order to join this community.