Did you mean: 

Problems after move

Problems after move

Slow connect after move.
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Re: Problems after move

Good morning Rickey,

Thanks for posting we can certainly help address your concerns. I pulled up your account and see you've already run speed tests, thanks! I'll go ahead and run remote diagnostics on your site to check the HughesNet equipment and ability to communicate with the satellite. We'll post back once we have an update for you. Your cooperation and patience are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thanks Liz. I subscribe to SamKnows and my collected results are really dismal.

Just checked. It seems to be worse. Can someone contact me?? Ric

Hi Ric,

I'm sorry to hear that, but we're already in the process of evaluating your diagnostics results. We won't have plan of action for your case quite yet, but rest assured we're working on it. I'll keep you posted. 

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

I unplugged the modem and restarted it. Now it's down to 255Kb. Last time I had this problem, it took the level 4 tech 10 minutes to re-configure the modem. If we cannot resolve the problem, I have DSL available at my new location. Let me know if that is my only option, so we can cancel and end this pain. It's been this bad since the re-install, and plenty of time has passed to fix this. I just got out of the hospital from a quad bypass, last week and I don't need this level of excitement, which started when the installers told me that they needed $50 to complete the install, which I refused to pay. I guess they farted in my punchbowl, huh? I should have called the police and filed charges on the little bastards who tried to cheat a one legged guy in a wheelchair with a freshly stitched up sternum. You have to admit, that was pretty damn sorry and it's all gotten worse since. Tomorrow is Tuesday, so get me fixed by 5PM then or cancel my contract. Ric

BTW, guilt through association, you hired that contractor who tried to rob/cheat/extort me, ergo I hold Hughesnet equally culpable for their actions.  Now I am being robbed of service, as my SamKnows stats show, and no phone call. I am really unhappy and now wish I had just called the police.

Hi Ric,

I'm sorry to hear about your recent medical issues, I wish you a speedy recovery. I'm also concerned about the installer asking for $50 to complete your install. After reviewing your account, I understand that we just relocated your system, and issued a move order to take care of this for you at no cost to you. Move orders covers a standard installation that includes: 

Mounting of the dish to an approved structure at least five feet off the ground as required by FCC regulations. 

Using Hughes standard roof and/or wall mounting brackets to mount the dish. 

Mounting the dish to a one-story surface. 

Installing a coaxial cable jack in the room where the HughesNet system will be located. 

Routing two exterior RG-6 coaxial cables (each up 125 feet in length) from the dish into the house and to the coaxial cable jack. 

Standard Pole Mount 

Providing and installing the hardware required to properly ground the HughesNet system. 

Installing the HughesNet modem and connecting it to the customer's PC. 

Verifying receipt of the satellite signal. 

Commissioning the customer's HughesNet account. 

Anything outside of a standard installation is covered by the customer and:
  1. The customer must approve all non-standard work before it begins.
  2. The customer will pay the installer directly for this work.
So if the installer was just doing the standard installation and requested $50, that is certainly something we want to investigate further. Please confirm with any other details that may help.

Regarding your speeds, our diagnostics are showing that your equipment is functioning properly. At this point, we would normally escalate you to our engineers, however this part of the process up until resolution typically takes time, up to several weeks. We're more than willing to work with you to the end to address this, but considering your request for a resolution by 5 PM today, we can also just let you cancel. Let us know how you would like to proceed, we'll support you either way.

Thanks,
Liz

If I can cancel without penalty, let's do that as I need access in order to manage our websites. And yes, before the two installers did anything, they asked for $50 ...up front. What I don't get is in the past you were able to escalate me to tier 4 who fixed the problem in ten minutes. Ric

Thank you for clarifying, Ric, we'll investigate further and let our distributor know what happened. We do not want others to experience the same.

In the past, your technical concerns stemmed from different causes that could be fixed more easily, but this time around, unfortunately, they cannot be fixed similarly. Trust me, I wish I could provide a fast fix, too.

I'm sorry to lose you as a customer, as you've been with us for many years, but the least I can do is make the cancellation process as painless as possible. When you call in at 866.347.3292 at your convenience, just refer to this case number: 49200407  That case has specific instructions from our corporate office to let you cancel with no Early Termination Fee.

Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,
Liz