Hughesnet Community

Problems with ATA this weekend

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mordacious

Problems with ATA this weekend

My ATA has been dropping out for no reason. The modem is showing normal as far as I can tell but I lose Internet connectivity until the ATA does a reboot and then everything is fine for a few hours until it happens all over again.

This has happened about 4 times that I am aware of since Friday, it started about 5 PM Friday afternoon it's now Sat 8:47 and I just got the ATA rebooted again. BTW the reboot does happen autoimatically, I don't have to do anything to force the reboot.

This is a bit of a pain as it knocks me out of the VCC and I can't work.

Can you access the ATA and check a log of some kind or do some diags? Wave a magic wand and make it go away! So far it hasn't bothered my other half, but if she gets dropped out of a phone call or off the Net I am going to be dog meat.  HELP!
62 REPLIES 62
Liz

Alrighty, the tech will call you today so you two can reschedule.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Mordacious

Already talked with the tech.... Damn your good!

Who do I talk to to get you a raise?
Liz

WOO! 
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Mordacious

Well the modem was changed out and within 30 minutes of the tech leaving I lost connection from the modem. It was showing me in FAP (which can't be as I am part of Hughesnet Beta right now) and then had to have a hard reset. Once I did the hard reset it recognized the tokens I have and seemed to be working fine.  This would have been about 5:30PM. I called him to let him know and he asked me to call again if the reset didn't fix everything seeing as it didn't recognize the tokens at first.

At 6PM, 6:19PM and 6:34PM I lost the modem again and each time had to do a hard rest. I've already left the tech a voicemail and I'm sure I'll hear from him in the AM. It's been 2 hrs now and so far I'm ok, but something is causing the drops. Now I think it's the dish or the cables.
Mordacious

Just talked to the tech, Apparently there is a nationwide outage in Myrtle Beach and everyone has been called down there. He asked if you could issue another ticket and he will try to get back today, if not then Monday afternoon as Cyndy has another Dr appointment Monday.
Liz

Good morning Bill,

Thanks for the update. I just scheduled another visit in the earliest available slot, aside from Monday morning, on Tuesday, Apr 19, 2016 between 8:00 AM-11:00 AM.

I've included instructions to replace the coax, in addition to doing an overall site check. Please let me know of any other observations, especially if you can catch the state code during these disconnects.

Thanks,
Liz

Mordacious

Already talked with the tech and he is going to try to get to me this afternoon.

I'll keep trying to get the state codes but when the ATA is out I can't communicate with the SCC. I've lost connection again 3 times this morning 11, 11:13 and 11:16

Thanks
Liz

Oh that's great! Please let me know how that goes. If after this second visit, is it possible to forgo the ATA for a day this weekend (not sure if you work weekends) to see if the disconnects continue and so that you can check the state code?

-Liz 

Mordacious

OK tech just left, he found a resistance problem with the cable from the ground block to the modem. On close examination he found a kink in the cable right at the loop. He cut out the loop and now I've got a signal strength of 122. He wasn't prepared to do the cable run today, he just came from the CVS Corporate call and wasn't in the clothes that would be... well let's say I didn't want to see him crawling around under my house in those clothes.

He's leaving the ticket open and will get back together with me to arrange for the cable run (BTW, good call). This is the cable that was installed for the old HN9000.

I work 7 days a week but the phone I use for that is actually an internet phone, not my personal phone.  So what I will do is take the ATA out of the loop and get readings to see what changes and try to get error codes IF it drops again.

Thanks again for all you do.
Liz

Great! Thanks for the informative update, glad to hear the tech found what was up with the cable. 

Enjoy the weekend, I look forward to hearing back next week.

-Liz

Mordacious

Just when you thought it was safe to go back on the web....

Lost connectivity 3 times Friday night

9:15PM
Error code: 0000-0000-3200-0002
Web Acceleration Error: 30.1.1 (could not access Web Acc to do a reset)
Signal Strength 124

10:00PM
Error Code: 0000-0000-0000-0005
Transmit Status 12.3.1
Signal Strength 124

10:19PM Lost System light
Error Code: None available
???: 12.7.1
Signal Strength 124

Sat lost connectivity at 12:30AM, 10:00AM and 11:00AM but could not get into the SCC

Hope this helps and I will try to get more if I can as the weekend progresses.
Mordacious

Further Saturday loss

2:36PM
0000-0000-0000-0005
Trans Status 12.3.2
Web Acc down
Could not reset Web Acc
Signal Strength 124

3:17PM
0000-0000-0000-0005
Transmit Status 12.3.2
Web Acc down
Could not reset Web Acc
Signal Strength 124

9:07PM
Could not access SCC

11:25
0003-2000-1600-0005
Transmit Status 0.0.0
Signal Strength 125
Mordacious

Sun 9:20AM
0000-0000-0000-0005
All lights green but modem froze LAN light doing a slow flash
Signal Strength 125

2:53PM
No SCC

6:53PM
System Light out
Did hard boot back online at 7:07
No diag codes
Signal Strength 125

9:13PM
0000-0000-0000-0005
State code 0.0.0
operational code down
Sat trans Down 12.3.2
Web Acc down
Signal Strength 125

11:17PM
0000-0000-0000-0005
State code 12.7.1
Web Acc down
TCP Acc down
Signal Strength 126
reboot complete after 2 tries at 11:30PM
status meter kept gong in and out for another 3 or 4 minutes
Mordacious

at this point diagnostic coeds are not available.

Also just before the last crash the system put me into FAP with 76 GB of tokens and I am part of the beta group. Should never hit FAP.
Mordacious

Just talked with the installers and they will be out Wed morning, possibly Tues. Do the numbers I gave you give any indication as to what is going on?
Liz

Hi Bill,

Thanks so much for the details for each disconnect. I was discussing your findings and it looks like most of the state codes here are indicating uplink issues (related to coax, radio, connectors and such), and the 30.1.1 is cause by congestion.

So let's see how the system performance fares after the tech comes back to replace the coax.

-Liz

Mordacious

OK, they said they might get out here tomorrow but definitely Wed morning. Then we'll keep our fingers crossed.  I lost it about 3PM today but could not get any codes
Liz

OK, please keep me updated.

Thanks,
Liz

Mordacious

They came out today and replaced all the cable from the radio to the modem. They did it without a connector in the middle so there should be no extra resistance. Let's hope this does it. I will keep you informed, I think if we go for 48 hrs without a problem we can figure the problem is solved.
Liz

OK! Fingers crossed!

-Liz

Mordacious

I really hate to be such a pain, but I lost the modem at 5:50, 6:00 and again at 6:20. I was able to get some info at 6:20

State Code 0.0.0
Trans Status 12.3.2
TCP up
Web Acc Down
Modem booted by itself 2x
ATA booted
Software Status updating (now shows up-to-date)
Whole process took until 6:31

lost again at 7:15, same as above but TCP up, Web Acc up

back on line at 7:30

Lost it again at 7:55, this time it cut Cyndy off during a phone call. You don't want to know the threats I've been listening to. Couldn't get any codes but got back up at 8:06 and then it dropped again at 8:10... she is livid

This time I got this

State Code 12.7.1
TCP down
Web Acc Down

Liz I've never asked for anything before but I really need to see some kind of credit to calm her nerves. I've lost a lot of work time and today I lost most of the day and now I can't work tonight and tomorrow is questionable. First... please lets fix this!