cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with ATA this weekend

Re: Problems with ATA this weekend

Checked cables but the idea off a new one isn't out of the question. I think I have another cable here, I'll switch it out.

I understand the reason for all of this so don't worry about asking me to go through all the steps. I probably haven't thought of all the possibilities I'll work with you.

Thanks Bill!
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Switched out the cable between the router and modem. But just FYI, this is the same cable I was using when connected directly to the modem. I'm assuming we are talking about the cable between the modem and the ATA, that's the one I switched out. I'll let you know if there are any problems.

Yes, I meant to change the cable between the modem and the ATA, you got it.

-Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

OK lost Internet at 11:18PM. This time I caught the modem drop out.

The really strange thing was it took less than 1 minute for the modem and the ATA to recycle and the only light on the modem that actually went out was the system light. I tried to go to the SCC to see if I could find any errors but before I could get there everything had recycled. There is no weather in my area, not sure about my gateway.

Am I now qualified to start a post about how HN sucks????  LOL

Good morning Bill,

I'm seeing your downlink signal as being a bit lower than normal, but according to our diagnostic tools, not low enough to warrant a truck roll. However, I'd like to dispatch a tech anyway to be on the safe side. We need to be sure your internet is working; the ATA needs it. Honestly, I don't have any diagnostic tools for the ATA since it's a fairly simple device to troubleshoot. If one of the LEDs don't light up when they're supposed to, then it's defective and we can just replace it.

In looking at your account, I was reminded that I sent out a tech last August. I wasn't satisfied with their work and they were supposed to replace your coaxial cable. Did that ever happen? I'm not seeing it in any dispatch notes. If so, I will include instructions to have the cable replaced too.

-Liz

Sounds good. They did change out the cable last time.

Let me know when they will be out. I'm available 24/7

Your Dispatch is currently scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday Apr 14, 2016 between 8:00 and 11:00 AM. If something happens and you need to reschedule, just give us a call and reference this case number 49085031.

Please let me know how the visit goes.

-Liz

Thanks Liz, you're stellar as always.

If it's the husband/wife team I usually get it will go great.

Aw thanks. Smiley Happy

Let's hope so!

-Liz